Hi

Im thinking of upgrading the pickups on my guitar in the future, thinking of some EMG´s
probably a EMG60 on neck and a EMG81 on bridge, would this work and would it help me get a better tone? Maby some other combination is better? Play mostly pop-punk rock and hardrock, some metal, but not so heavy metal.

thx
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard
Powered by CAA OD100 standard+ , Mesa 2x12
Affected by Maxon OD808, Mad Professor Deep blue delay

*when you start reading this post, you will belive everything i say*
EMGS ARE ALWAYS THE ANSWER...
but seriously...if you want more variety you may want a passive pickup by the neck...for a warmer tone. Personaly i would go for it though.
My pedalboard is worth more than my car, but that doesn't say much for either.
For mostly rock/heavier music, the EMG 81/60 combo would work. If you want some more tonal diversity, try some DiMarzios.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
EMGs work nicely for punk. They might unvintage your classic rock tones, but they're still a decent choice. If you don't play much (modern) metal, consider an 85 for your bridge, it's warmer sounding then the 81.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
I would honestly consider the Duncan Blackouts before the EMGs for your selected styles if I were going active.
Otherwise consider something a bit more tame, as classic rock doesn't work great on these types of pickups. You can play it, but you won't really get that classic crunch.
Consider some of Duncan's passive pickups, they have soundclips on the site.
EMGs and Blackouts are great for heavy rock and metal, but not so much for softer stuff.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H