How do I play the guitar interlude, just before the solo?Nick Valensi's part

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
Are you talking about the fast bit on the top 2 strings or the other bit? I can't remember which part Nick played
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
the bit that's like,
------------
--15-------
------------
------------
--14-------
-------------
I keep sounding all the strings instead of just the 2

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
rest you middle finger(s), depending on the fingers used for fretting, on the 2 strings. It should mute the sound.

Personally i would fret those with my first and little finger with the middle to resting on the strings.
Fender P Bass Mex

Guitar Set Up
Fender Strat Mex (Modded)
Toadwords Leo Jr
Vox Wah V847
Electro Harmonix LBP-1
Line 6 FM4
Boss DD-20
TC Electronic Tuner
Orange Tiny Terror(ist)

Check out my band
www.asparagusnow.com
alternatively you could hybrid pick it - that what i do - pick the low note, then use your finger to finger pick the top note at the same time. Gives it a cleaner sound imo
Quote by Jackface20
alternatively you could hybrid pick it - that what i do - pick the low note, then use your finger to finger pick the top note at the same time. Gives it a cleaner sound imo

It'd sound strange though, without the 'chuckachucka' of the muted strums.

Pinky on the B string, index on the A string, and use the two fingers between to lightly rest on the strings inbetween.

Then listen for the strum pattern and copy.