I'm looking for an all valve combo amp( Like the Vox AC30)

I've though of the AC 30, i am concern of its reliability.

I'm was wondering if you guys know about any other all tube/ valve combo amp.
some kinda style you got? specific sounds etc?
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
I'm looking for versatility,

I play everything, besides : country, blues, jazz, and..... weird electronic ****.

But i mostly play with distortion, mostly.

I live in a dorm, but i might use it to play at school dances or something.

It doesn't matter if it's loud, actually.

I already have , a Gibson Lp, Fender MIA strat deluxe and an MG250DFX, and a few boss pedals.
VC30 is meant to be similar to the Vox and sounds pretty good. Where do you live?
Where do i live? I find that irrelevant but, my school, Philips academy is in Massachusetts
Ah, I was just asking because in America Peavey Classic 30 is better value for money wheras in Europe Laney VC30 is better. Don't know about Japan so just go for whatever is cheaper.
Quote by chriskhng
Where do i live? I find that irrelevant but, my school, Philips academy is in Massachusetts

maybe he was asking because he could recommend a good store or deal? don't be so negative, the guy's trying to help you here!!
What are you talking about?

I wasn't being negative.
It is irrelevant( it's out of topic.)
I don't really have a budget. but the limit's 2000 USD. Because over 1500 is overdoing it.

but have a friend that has that Peavey classic. its a nice amp.
but he has to replace the tubes almost every 2 months.
Quote by chriskhng
What Japan?

Who said anything about japan?

I'm in the US.

You're lucky this guy's so damn patient mate, you're ignorant
Quote by chriskhng
I don't really have a budget. but the limit's 2000 USD. Because over 1500 is overdoing it.

No offence, but your friend either plays stadiums every week or is stupidly rich. You shouldn't have to change valves for years

And how is this over budget?
maybe his amp had a problem.

Nice. I probably looked at something else.

But is it loud? loud enough for a school dance with 1000- 1200 people?

Because that's the reason why i'm upgrade from my MG250DFX. After People in the dance floor complain about the amp being distorted and muddy for being too loud.
Well the MG tends to sound prettty poor when it's turned up, the Peavey should cut through fine, there's a 50 watt 2x12 version if you need more volume
Quote by chriskhng

The Peavey Delta Blues is more like the AC30 than the Classic, but with your budget you should just be going for the AC30 with the Alnico Blues. I don't understand your concern about their reliability. They're great amps.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
The Peavey Delta Blues is more like the AC30 than the Classic, but with your budget you should just be going for the AC30 with the Alnico Blues. I don't understand your concern about their reliability. They're great amps.

I was too busy trying to persuade him he could afford a Classic to realise he could just buy an AC30
I'm concerned of their reliability, because i heard many stories about bad soldiering and the amp just "dying".
I have the AC30CC1. I had a tech go over it because I blew the speaker, but while I had it apart, I wanted everything gone over and to get a tube change. He reported back to me that he was very impressed with it's construction; particularly the porcelin tube sockets - which he never sees in new amp - and the care given to the braided wiring. He went over the soldering, and had difficulty finding any places that needed touching up.

I found mine in a pawn shop (so God only knows the abuse it may've faced), and have never had any problems with it - apart from the speaker. I wholeheartedly recommend the amp to any who can appreciate it.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
That's sounds like a very story.

But will the $1500+ purchase be really worth it?

I'm not saying that i can't afford it, but I feel morally unright for spending that much.

So is that why you signature is:

You Don't Need 100W.

And one more question.

After purchasing the AC30, have you EVER thought of buying a new one?
I found mine used for a fantastic price. I wasn't too upset about blowing the speaker because I was thinking about upgrading it anyway (I went with an Eminence Red Fang, which is a 30W Celestion Blue clone - nice!). I have no need for a new one, so I haven't given that any thought. And honestly, I buy all my stuff used. I'd definitely suggest you look for one that way, too.

My sig is designed for n00bs who come to UG asking which 100W halfstack they should get. Invariably, some sort of tube combo will suit them better than the SS piece of crap they were originally interested in. You seem to be ahead of that curve.

If you're absolutely against buying used (a mistake, IMHO), and you want to save some money (completely understandable), the Peavey Delta Blues 115 is really a great amp. Very similar in tone to the AC30, and complete with on board reverb and tremolo. It's a nice alternative for almost half the price.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I'm actually looking for a tube combo amp that does not go distorted and muddy like the MG series.

But still have good tone and quality.
Quote by chriskhng
I'm actually looking for a tube combo amp that does not go distorted and muddy like the MG series.

But still have good tone and quality.

Pretty much any half decent tube combo is going to smoke the MG tonally. An amp like the AC30 will absolutely crush it. You said in your opening post that you play primarily with distortion. I think you'll love the overdrive on the Vox. At least I do. It's not "distorted and muddy," it's just smooth and sweet. I just took a time out to plug my new guitar into the thing - what a sound! Even just the pre amp gain is sweet.

But you could improve upon what you have for less money. The Delta Blues, a nice Traynor YCV 40, 50, or even 80 (depending on how much volume you need). There are a couple Fenders in the AC30 price range that are outstanding. Depends on the sound you want.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Cool.

I'll just get the AC30CC2

The one with celestion speakers is a little over priced.

I'm probably getting it next month.

Thanks for all your help.