hey guys just was thinking about changing my PUP's iwant a really tight sound fairly high out put i cant really describe what tone i want really thick but not muddy and i spose a fair bit of upper mids and lows
Member No. 002# of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join".
DEAN 79MLF > Fulltone OCD > Keeley TS9DX Flexi > Marshall Sliver Jubilee > Orange PPC 4x12

dimebucker might go alright or demarzio deactivators (passives that sound like actives)
Quote by whitey314
dimebucker might go alright or demarzio deactivators (passives that sound like actives)

The Dimebucker definitely doesn't come to mind when I think of a pickup that ISN'T muddy... D-Activators are great though. Also look into Dimarzio X2N and Breeds, maybe Evos. And there's always the Duncan JB/59 set.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
I'd say no to the Dimebucker.

I used one in a Shadow ML and the thing was overly noisy,had way too much high end and was muddy.

If you don't want a muddy sound, I recommend going with medium output pickups.

Check out the Seymour Duncan '59s.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
not Dimebucker - no way

not Evos either - too bright, too translucent for metal too (from owning them)

you have a nice setup at the mo, so im thinking some S.D's for the tightness - cant go wrong with JB/59s like the guy said - not the highest output - but they work really well for anything other than death/black metal - and noting your amp, you dont play that anyway....
so the 59/JB set sounds pretty good what about bare nuckle any suggestions or rockfield yeah i never liked the dimebucker anyone had experience with the bill lawrence XL-500
Member No. 002# of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join".
DEAN 79MLF > Fulltone OCD > Keeley TS9DX Flexi > Marshall Sliver Jubilee > Orange PPC 4x12

if you can afford BK - do it!

i wasnt going to say them, since youre in Aus. and they would be expensive!

but a set for you to get is either Cold Sweats, Painkillers, or Miracle Mans
awesome thanks anyone got any advice on rockfield they look alright

Dimarzio D-Sonic has much tightness, it's like a rapier.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Dimarzio D-Sonic has much tightness, it's like a rapier.

Agree. D sonics rock my world (well, my tone).
kool ill look into the D-sonic what sort of styles you play with it can you compare it to anyone elses tone

Well, I get a nice dark, tight tone with it downtuned a fair way. It can be used in standard tuning though, it's recommended you flip the bar towards the neck in that case. Petrucci uses it, as well as that douche from Linkin Park.
hahahah cool what sort of amp you useing

It makes a Microcube sound good, put it that way. I've also played it through a Peavey 5150, Valveking, a few Marshalls and an Engl Fireball and it's made them all scream.
so far i think i love the Miracle Man by BKP but i dont know weather it would down well in the neck basically for the neck i want a ultra smooth tone heaps of body and warmth

wow the D-sonic sound awesome but are they any good in the neck

the breed sounds good maybe not as tight?

breeds arent great imo, not thick and warm enough

look on the BK site for comparisons - or just ask the bloke on the site (Tim) - he'll help you every little bit - nice bloke
ok thanks i think its down to the D-sonic and the miracle mans now but have no idea as what to put in the neck any suggestions

Judging from your name, I'm assuming you're a shredder. If you like nice, smooth leads, go for a DiMarzio Air Norton or a Seymour Duncan '59 (in the neck).
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
thanks man ill check em out when im on neck it aint shred really unless im doing like a fast run but i usually will be playing slow and trying to pour my heart and soul into all the notes lol oh and make stupid wanker faces (unintentional)

Quote by angusslashdime
so far i think i love the Miracle Man by BKP but i dont know weather it would down well in the neck basically for the neck i want a ultra smooth tone heaps of body and warmth

Fortunately BKP does a remarkable job when putting together matched pickup sets that work well together. Talk to Tim, he'll make sure you get what you need.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
so do i just email him through the site

what pcikup does Petrucci use in the neck