I need an amp
and i only have bout 100 to 150 dollars
i was thinking of buying the 15 watt fender frontman amp
as a starter

any one tried this amp?
Solidly built, mine never broke. It's a good starter amp, but nothing else.
A cheap line 6 would probably have more stuff on it to play around with, more effects and such. Look into those too, theres not much to choose from in that price range.
Quote by Thepoison92
Go as a tampon
White shirt, white hat, white trousers (cheap ones) and cover the bottom half in fake blood, also have to write 'Tampax' on the shirt, so people know what you are and can then be disgusted.
Quote by Mr E
Solidly built, mine never broke. It's a good starter amp, but nothing else.

so would you suggest buying one??
I say pick up the Fender Frontman or the Fender FM 15 DSP. The DSP version is cool because you have a bunch of effects to play around with.

That or you could check out the Line 6 Spider series or the Vox Valvetronix.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Don't get a frontman. Even for a starter amp I could't get my head around how ****ty it sounded.
A friend of mine has the Fender Frontman 15R, which is the $100 one that has reverb. It is very loud for 15 watts and sounds decent, but the tone is "trebly" and somewhat thin sounding and there isn't much bass response. My practice amp is a Behringer V-Tone GM108 (also 15 watts with 8" speaker), and both of us think the Behringer sounds better although it's not as loud as the Fender.

Some possible options to consider:

Fender Frontman 15G $80
Fender Frontman 15R $100 (same as G but with reverb)
Behringer V-Tone GM108 $60 (has a few modeling effects to play with)
Line6 Spider III 15 $100 (also has some modeling effects)
Kustom Tube 12a $100
Peavey Rage $100

There is also the Hartke GT60c. It's a 60 watt combo amp with a 12" speaker and is small enough for practice but powerful enough for small gigs. You can find them new for $140 with free shipping. If you don't have any pedals or multi effects the modeling amps might be more attractive.
The FM comes with the starter packs, I wouldn't recommend that amp for practice. For $100 - $150 you may want to check out a microcube or vox da5. Opinions vary between the two depending on who you ask. Without knowing what you plan on playing most I would say try them both and make your own call.
FYI
its in australian doolars

so for me the Frontman 15G is $160
and The 15 GR id $180

so you know
If you do decide to get the 15w Fender don't buy it new unless you have your heart set on it. Ebay is flooded with them and I haven't seen one ever dip past $60.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I say pick up the Fender Frontman or the Fender FM 15 DSP. The DSP version is cool because you have a bunch of effects to play around with.

That or you could check out the Line 6 Spider series or the Vox Valvetronix.

Roland Microcube - although I dunno how much they go for in Oz.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Horlicks

what? Its for practice. They are great practice amps.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
what? Its for practice. They are great practice amps.

Not really, I mean the Roland cube is far better, have you heard a Frontman's distortion channel?
Quote by Horlicks
Not really, I mean the Roland cube is far better, have you heard a Frontman's distortion channel?

It's a fizzy mess. Just like the cube.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
what type of music do you play?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
well if tim says......

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by Horlicks

yes I have. Have YOU heard the DSP?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I heard somewhere that the Vox Da5 can hold up to no end of stupidity. Hmmm. H4t3br33d3r, I thought I knew you man... MicroCube or DA5, but they are probably out of his range in Oz unless used.
, leave H4t3br33d3r alone you lot.

Ts, you're going to have to save..
Quote by amphlett7
so would you suggest buying one??

It's a good starter, and it would be sufficient, but I've not tried any other cheap amps, so there might be far better amps out there. I can't really say any more than that. Sorry!