Hi,
Any first-hand opinions on this guitar? Looks great, SD pups but I cannot find it anywhere in the UK. Why is that? How would this guitar compare to SG standard.
There is a cheaper lookalike produced by Ibanez (SZR720) not on Ibanez UK site but some UK websites still sell it. Would that one (plus pickup upgrade) be equivalent?
My good friend has this in the tobacco looking sunburst. The inlay on the neck is amazing, it looks really nice but even better, it plays fast, and sounds really effing awesome when you crank it up.
Quote by Thepoison92
Go as a tampon
White shirt, white hat, white trousers (cheap ones) and cover the bottom half in fake blood, also have to write 'Tampax' on the shirt, so people know what you are and can then be disgusted.
Solid, all mahogany - neck pick up is warm and articulate, bridge pickup is a little muddy but controllable with the right EQ. Neck is easy to play for all hand sizes, a bit thick but not of Les Paul proportions. Easy to maintain and very reliable (except for the gold hardware, who's coating easily rubs off). A good buy for the price.

Having played a Gibson SG, the only difference between the two is weight and tone. The SG plays almost identical to the C-1 Classic
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
thanks guys, I just don't understand why they don't sell it in the UK. Anybody knows how old is the model? I am little bit worried of buying on the internet without trying first. What other schecters have same size neck so that I can at least try them in shop? what about other guitars with SD JB pickups - I'd like to hear that sound.
The Classic is a part of their C-1 series. So any Schecter that's of the same series with either a neck-through or a set-neck should feel similar (their set-necks have a heel, or lack thereof similar to their neck-throughs).
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
what is exactly neck-through? I understand set neck and bolt-on neck. Is C-1 neck-through?
Neck-through is where the neck actually extends through the body, to the butt or bottom of the guitar. The C-1 Classic is a neck-through, only because of the finishing, you just can't see it. One of the benefits is supposed to be increased sustain.

On some guitars, you can actually see how the neck extends through the body. Like the Schecter Hollywood Classic.
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by Hakael
Neck-through is where the neck actually extends through the body, to the butt or bottom of the guitar. The C-1 Classic is a neck-through, only because of the finishing, you just can't see it. One of the benefits is supposed to be increased sustain.

On some guitars, you can actually see how the neck extends through the body. Like the Schecter Hollywood Classic.

The Antique Amber finish shows the wood grain on the backside of the guitar - you can see the construction layout.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Quote by Bazilisck311
The Antique Amber finish shows the wood grain on the backside of the guitar - you can see the construction layout.

Heh, forgot about that. Just not so obvious from the front.
Quote by alanford
Hi,
Any first-hand opinions on this guitar? Looks great, SD pups but I cannot find it anywhere in the UK. Why is that?

The only place in the UK schecters are sold are at sound control.
www.soundcontrol.co.uk
My stuff:
Fender Tele 60's Reissue
Schecter Blackhawk
Vintage V300 acoustic
Yamaha RB170 Bass

Peavey Classic 30 amp

Boss SD-1, DOD Grunge, Guyatone PS-010 Compressor, Marshall SV-1, Vox V847, Zoom G2, Line6 Echo Park
I tried 2 c1-elite guitars and c-1 plus in local shop to give idea about classic. they all had very high action and dirty strings (or perhaps dirty fretboard), so I wasn't exactly exicted but I can see I would love the guitar with low action (having played strats mainly so far, with blocked trem). On top of that when I bent 3rd string on 14th fret (and higher) by 0.5 cm on one of elites it was totally dying and action wasn't low at all. So, my question is: can c1 classic be setup for really low action with no buzzing? Something that I see in guitar shops on nearly all Ibanez guitars I try.
Sounds like a bad setup or simply abused guitar in the store. Yeah, they can have an amazingly low action. The setup on my Hellraiser and Blackjack is great (imo).