So i was deciding to buy an epiphone SG G400 and it was going to cost me about 350 at the music store, but then i found out about agile guitars (the rondomusic site) and then did some searchbarring and googling and found out that they have a good reputation and excellent prices. So i started having second thoughts about buying the SG because i really dont want to spend 350 on a guitar right now, as this would be my first guitar that i purchase (the one i have right now my cousin gave it to me for free as he didnt want it) and the agile guitars look sweet. So i wanted to know what UG thought about my decision to purchase an agile over an epiphone.

http://www.rondomusic.com/gg2bo.html

that is the model im really interested in buying because its an explorer knockoff and i love explorers. Depending on the responses i get i will decide, because i dont want to buy something and then have second thoughts about it after.
Go with the Sg trust me u wont be disapointed

ive got one and have improved tremendosly in a short time becuase ive got the Sg!
Agile are really nice guitars, and for the price you really cant go wrong,
better than epiphone and cheaper
Quote by ukuleleftw
When is beating your cat not justified?

Quote by Gaz_m2k5
This is almost as stupid as when someone thought there might be a UG warehouse where all the tabs are stored.

July 8th, 2007 @ Wembley - Best day ever
Quote by broady15
Agile are really nice guitars, and for the price you really cant go wrong,
better than epiphone and cheaper

he linked to an SX, not an Agile
threadstarter, SX's are supposed to be great beginner's instruments after a set up.
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
http://www.rondomusic.com/product1672.html

Much better than the Epiphone.

Better build quality, hardware and overall plays better.

Cheaper too!
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Crotty
Go with the Sg trust me u wont be disapointed

ive got one and have improved tremendosly in a short time becuase ive got the Sg!

you should go find a guitar store and see if they have one of either of them and play both because you will play more and learn more if you have a guitar you really like. i had an ibanez rg350dx and i basically stopped playing for 6 months then i got an epiphone les paul custom and i'm playing about 3 hours a day again it makes a huge difference dont just choose on others experiences
epi all the way
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
I would go try out a g400 at a store and see how you like it. When ordering from rondo I would stick to the agiles, the sx and douglas reviews are inconsistent. Also you should be able to find a g400 for under $300 just look around, I even found my lefty for less than $300.
Epi SG G400 Lefty
Modded Valve Junior
Noisy Cricket 1/2 Watt

Toneport GX
Quote by red star
he linked to an SX, not an Agile
threadstarter, SX's are supposed to be great beginner's instruments after a set up.

well for the most part i've seen agile's to be les paul copies, and dont get me wrong i love them, but when i've played les pauls out at stores, they tend to be really heavy. So thats why i but up the link to the SX. But seeing as i have only played with that strat copy for only a bit, this would count as my first guitar. Is that explorer copy a good beginner's electric guitar? or should i go for something else?
epiphone is best after gibson i would get a les paul tho epi les paul
Agile, don't get an Epiphone.
i went through the same thing...Agile or Epiphone?...
i got the Epi and i regret it, its not that bad of a guitar but i could of gotten better for my money, definitely.

my next guitar is probably going to be a AL3000
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Quote by Victor Manuel
Here's a video of that particular explorer knock off
http://youtube.com/watch?v=9lieFlLqHYY

if u watch this video, you'll see that this guitar is actually pretty heavy

i would save up and get an epi, very much worth it.
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
http://www.rondomusic.com/product1672.html

Much better than the Epiphone.

Better build quality, hardware and overall plays better.

Cheaper too!

well seeing now how i've gotten tons of great answers, im actually curious about the agile les pauls rondomusic sells. My apologies for posting the link to the SX, but thanks for pointing out the inconsistency of the SX reviews. Seeing that link with the Agile Dauntless EMG, would any of you say that is better than an epiphone SG G-400 for the price? and if any of you think that it is not, would any of you know any other sites that ship to canada and that sells the SG G-400 for a more reasonable price than 350? i would very much appreciate it.

Also with that les paul copy in mind, is the neck thinner or thicker or has the same thickness as an epiphone les paul?
Quote by ugmung
Agile, don't get an Epiphone.
i went through the same thing...Agile or Epiphone?...
i got the Epi and i regret it, its not that bad of a guitar but i could of gotten better for my money, definitely.

my next guitar is probably going to be a AL3000

Well you got a crappy Epi. A nice EPi is a good, solid instrument. Agiles are nice from what I have heard.
Quote by this&that
Seeing that link with the Agile Dauntless EMG, would any of you say that is better than an epiphone SG G-400 for the price?

First off, they are passive Select pickups designed by EMG.
I like Agiles, but in this case I'd recommend the G400 over the Dauntless. It would probably give you a sound closer to a Les Paul than the actual LP Agile, plus it has a mahogany neck instead of a maple one. Now, if you're talking about the higher-end Agiles...
Agiles are good, I'm tempted to buy their Green Baritone, but with a Scale of 28" it'd be a bit hard to get used to.