I love AMT, Cosmic Inferno > Melting Paraiso UFO.
Have quite a few of their records/CDs (about a dozen now I think) but nowhere near as many as I'd like.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
A cool guy at the record store here wears their shirt sometimes. Where's the best place to start?
Quote by blackflag49
EDIT: And lawlz, that song in the first post is supposed to be like 40 minutes long.

There's only two parts from the concert posted on Youtube though.

Its hard to get really into this band, because throughout their entire existence they have put out around at least 80 albums.

Honestly all you need to listen to from this band is La Novia and Pink Lady Lemonade (song). Those two songs are just utterly amazing. Of course there is so much more out there, but its hard to find what you like, between the dreamy jam sessions and the straight out grind-core/noise blasts...

What cannot be disputed though is the fact Kawabata Makoto (the guitarist to the far right, not the hooded guy) absolutely owns the axe, and does almost every conceivable thing to the instrument to get all kinds of sounds.

Recommended Albums:

Anthem of the Space
Have You Seen the Other Side of the Sky?
IAO Chant From The Cosmic Inferno
Starless and Bible Black Sabbath

Also, if you want some slightly more noise-y and more crazy whaling solos from Kawabata, get these:

Minstrel in the Galaxy
Electric Heavyland
41st Century Splendid Man

Spread the love.
oh my. i downloaded two albums by them a while ago.

i'm listening to the first of which now. really great.
Quote by uhh_me?
oh my. i downloaded two albums by them a while ago.

i'm listening to the first of which now. really great.

Which one is it?
Quote by uhh_me?
Crystal Rainbow Pyramid Under The Stars

I have that album, I've just never given it a listen I think... I think I'll listen to it at work tomorrow.

And yes, this is an epic BUMP for great justice, I think every single person in the world should know this band.

Here are some dates for their tour going on right now, if anybody is able to go and/or is interested:

April
23rd MAGASIN4 / Brusselles (BE) www.magasin4.be/
24th Point Ephemere / paris (FR) www.pointephemere.org/
25th Ze Dos Bois city / Lisbon (Portugal)
26th Dink City / Madrid (SP)
27th Corsica Studio / London (UK) www.corsicastudios.com/
28th The Point / Cardiff (UK) www.thepointcardiffbay.com/
29th Dublin (IR)
30th Auntie Annie's Porterhouse / Belfast (UK) www.fcmusic.co.uk
May
3rd Barby Tel Aviv (Israel)
4th Barby Tel Aviv (Israel) (Acid Mothers Gong)
6th Fluc / Vienna (Austria) www.fluc.at
7th L'usine / Geneve (CH) www.usine.ch/
8th Reithalle / Bern (CH)
9th Hirscheneck / Basel (CH) www.hirscheneck.ch
10th Festsaal Keller Berlin
New record is officially out today as well.

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by Andrewbiles
New record is officially out today as well.

Really? You have a link? What group is it (Gong, Paraiso UFO, Cosmic Blue Inferno, etc)?
Melting Paraiso, it's on Important Records. 'Recurring Dream & Apocalypse of darkness', double vinyl limited to 1000 copies (some on orange some on white) and a CD version as well. Search Important Records and it should be the first link.

RateYourMusic
AMT are an amazing band.
they are my top band to see live.
unfotunatly their last gig was 18 only
can anyone here tell me what they are like live?
because they look pretty awesome.
Got the new Cosmic Inferno disc this morning, haven't had a chance to listen to it yet but I've heard they've calmed it down a little.

Also waiting on a copy of the new Kawabata Makoto LP on Important. Not ordering it direct though because after the last AMT LP didn't show they gave me $50 credit, I ordered something on the credit and they've once again screwed me over, so f*ck 'em.

RateYourMusic
Quote by LegsOnEarth
advice: SEE THEM LIVE

really? awesome then, i'm seeing them tomorrow night

they have a lot of material and i've only heard a couple of albums, but they rule. can't wait to see them.
Seeing this band live is essential. I would have to say 5-6 years ago they would have to be counted as one of the top three premier touring bands, if that makes any sense. Not taking away from anything they're doing now of course...

The other day at band practice I started noodling around Pink Lady Lemonade during one of our jams, and everyone picked up on that little lick so easily. You can get lost in it and not even notice. No wonder AMT have an hour long version recorded.
To be honest 'Pink Lady Lemonade' bores me. It has made too many appearances across their discography to really keep me interested in it. 'La le lo' however...

RateYourMusic
Quote by Andrewbiles
To be honest 'Pink Lady Lemonade' bores me. It has made too many appearances across their discography to really keep me interested in it. 'La le lo' however...

Pink Lady is one of their staple songs, thats for sure. For comparisons, I'd say PLL is their "Under the Bridge" and La Novia is their "Californication". The only songs by AMT that really bore me though are the ones which are just mostly noise. I know some people enjoy that but really I just don't understand the concept of 'un-melody' or whatever people call it.

AMT have also made some good splits and collaborations. I've been really digging their s*** with Kinski lately.
^ Yeah if you can compare the two ('Pink Lady Lemonade' and 'Under the Bridge'), it is their "hit" of sorts.

Check out the one with Je Suis France, one of the best I've heard from them.

Quote by uhh_me?
biles, how is the newest album? worth looking into getting?

'Recurring dream'?
Nothing to complain about with it, but some reviews I've read overrated how good it actually is. Quite a dark feeling record compared to most of the other Melting Paraiso albums.

RateYourMusic
Just got 'The day before the sky fell in' (the CD version of 'The day before the sky fell in America') and although it's a few years old now, it has reacquainted my faith in AMT. Not that it was ever really lost rather that this has a fresher feel to it than some of their more recent releases. Maybe because it's a live album?

What are your favourite AMT releases?

Let's get this discussion going again.

RateYourMusic
^ You can't go too far wrong with them but there are a couple of duds. I'd recommend looking around for 'Crystal rainbow pyramid tour', 'Absolutely freak out (zap your mind!!)', 'The day before the sky fell in' or 'Ominous from the cosmic inferno', they're my personal favourites.

RateYourMusic
I was just listening to Starless and Bible Black Sabbath today at the gym.

Makoto Kawabata is a badass.
downlaoded 35 and a half hours worth of Acid Mothers Temple. So stoked.
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus