Page 1 of 2
i am just wondering if anyone has an iphone and likes it or has a problem with it. and also how much are the monthly charges and everything.
I'd wait a bit as the current iphone requires you be on contract and pay the price of a ipod and it only has a 2 megapixel camera and no video function, i doubt it has bluetooth either.
i bet if i would wait a little bit longer they will be alot cheaper too because they have already gone down like 100 dollars
I would just wait until i could get an unlocked one, or until its not required to have AT&T... AT&T around my area sucks
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
AT&T is good around here. Must just be your city. I guess every service is different everywhere though.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Here, we’d get full bars if you were standing next to the antenna… but if you weren’t you’d get maybe one bar… on a good day two…

thats why i wanna wait on an iPhone
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

Get a samsung f700.

Apparently better than the iphone.

And it has a slide out keypad.

..Or you can get your overrated iPhone and join the rest of the sheep.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Last edited by [x]Huffy[x] at Apr 11, 2008,
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Get a samsung f700.

except its like $200 more than the iPhone and it's got half the storage of the 8 gig
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

Quote by mikko_9119
except its like $200 more than the iPhone and it's got half the storage of the 8 gig

..And it doesn't come with a shitty contract that pulls your wallet out through your ass.

Also, the f700 has expandable memory, it was awarded the iF Communication Design Award for 2007, full QWERTY keyboard, the F700 has a five megapixel camera, iPhone has 2 megapixels. etc etc.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Last edited by [x]Huffy[x] at Apr 11, 2008,
iphone is selling like crap where i work, like one a month lol
Quote by Darth_Qurashi
Man it feels just like anal sex, I think; I'm still a virgin

Quote by nebiru
Goose is my Hero.

Quote by Xeus
Yeah, if you get the shag in before she's your legal sister the incest is over turned
Quote by mikko_9119

Phones shouldn't have 8gb of storage anyway. Just buy a ****ing mp3 player.

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Get a samsung f700.

.Or you can get your overrated iPhone and join the rest of the sheep.

+1
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
My dad had one, but he broke it.
It doesn't have any games, bluetooth, and some other things. It's not worth the money
"F*ck the guitar solos!!" - Olli Vänskä

Quote by Capt_Clarkson
I dont know whats worse, you going out with a peadophile, or the fact you went to see Dragonforce
Err... DragonForce?

Happily married to SuperKoolKid
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']..And it doesn't come with a shitty contract that pulls your wallet out through your ass.

Also, the f700 has expandable memory, it was awarded the iF Communication Design Award for 2007, full QWERTY keyboard, the F700 has a five megapixel camera, iPhone has 2 megapixels. etc etc.
ya, at&t sucks major… and the f700 would be an all around better buy…
jambi_mantras right, if you want something with a big storage space… get an actual iPod… or better yet, get an 80g Zune… the iTouch sucks, my biggest waste of money ever
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

Yeah I have one and I must say it's awesome. My advice to you is this though. If you get one, jailbreak it. Out of the box it's a cool phone, but aside from the touch screen and the "wow" factor, it isn't incredible or anything. After jailbreaking it you can customize everything about the phone, install lots of kickass applications, and other stuff. I have Sega Genesis and NES emulators on mine.

Oh, and one more thing. I know they just came out with a 16GB version but if you want to get one, wait a couple of months. Rumor is they're going to be releasing a 3G one here pretty soon.

edit:

Quote by Nizzi

It doesn't have any games, bluetooth, and some other things. It's not worth the money

Wrong. It has bluetooth, just not STEREO bluetooth. You can use a handsfree headset, you just cannot use bluetooth headphones for the iPod function. Also, games and "other things" aren't a problem once you get Installer on it.
Last edited by happytimeharry at Apr 11, 2008,
I have one, and I unlocked it... Brought it over from the US, so I like payed 250 euros for it,
when you buy one in europe you pay like double... No problems at all...
Pretty handy when you want an MP3-player and a phone all-in-one...
The charges that come with it: as much as I want... probably 15 euros a month, when you've unlocked it you can use it with any provider...
Quote by Nizzi
My dad had one, but he broke it.

man i wouldnt buy an iphone to play games on.
and to one of you other guys the purpose of an iphone is not to be an mp3 player it is to be a phone with internet access
i have one.
i like it.
it's definitely over-hyped.

but. it is a great internet device, ipod, camera, and phone all-in-one.

the camera is only 2.0, but the resolution is astounding.
there is bluetooth.
there are games.
and carrying around an mp3 player and a phone is no longer a problem, it's all in my phone.

my monthly bill is $65/ month.
500 minutes + roll over/unlimited in-network/nights/weekends
200 sms. and unlimited data (internet).

it's a great phone. it's worth it in my opinion. i'd rather have this than an ipod and phone.
Quote by happytimeharry
Yeah I have one and I must say it's awesome. My advice to you is this though. If you get one, jailbreak it. Out of the box it's a cool phone, but aside from the touch screen and the "wow" factor, it isn't incredible or anything. After jailbreaking it you can customize everything about the phone, install lots of kickass applications, and other stuff. I have Sega Genesis and NES emulators on mine.

Oh, and one more thing. I know they just came out with a 16GB version but if you want to get one, wait a couple of months. Rumor is they're going to be releasing a 3G one here pretty soon.

edit:

Wrong. It has bluetooth, just not STEREO bluetooth. You can use a handsfree headset, you just cannot use bluetooth headphones for the iPod function. Also, games and "other things" aren't a problem once you get Installer on it.

Don't apple updates brick them though?

They look cool but you could get the samsung touch screen or the LG viewty for less money, you pay for the iphone brand. I'm getting a sony ericsson k850, it does everything the iphone does but i won't have about £1000 of my money leeched. Hmm.
Just wait for Spore and Quake 3 then all the bashing sheep will be crying.
rawr...
Quote by Sacrament
Just wait for Spore and Quake 3 then all the bashing sheep will be crying.

What?
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra
Phones shouldn't have 8gb of storage anyway. Just buy a ****ing mp3 player.

+1

Thats a very absent minded comment.

Think about it. The idea is to integrate all of your electronic devices into one device...That is what apple is beginning to do. It is heads over heels the best phone with a built in mp3 player, and as flash memory continues to reduce in price and increase in storage capacity, people are going to drift away from mp3 players and cell phones and start a trend to get them together...Then the idea will be that recreational photographers will just use their phone, rather than buying a digital camera.

An old time maxim...Those who do are resistant to change are bound to perish...
Quote by Jugthug42
Thats a very absent minded comment.

Think about it. The idea is to integrate all of your electronic devices into one device...That is what apple is beginning to do. It is heads over heels the best phone with a built in mp3 player, and as flash memory continues to reduce in price and increase in storage capacity, people are going to drift away from mp3 players and cell phones and start a trend to get them together...Then the idea will be that recreational photographers will just use their phone, rather than buying a digital camera.

An old time maxim...Those who do are resistant to change are bound to perish...

Another old saying, jack of all trades, master of none.

My phone, is a phone, I don't use it for anything else. My mp4 player is for entertainment. I have no need for portable internet. I don't even use the WAP on my phone.

With all that in one device, the chances of something going wrong are high, the battery life will be awful, iPod batteries were and still are terrible so with all that in one device, it's gotta bring it down. I don't think it will ever get to the stage where people will just buy one.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra
What?

Spore has been officially announced for the iPhone, theres also a few alpha versions of quake 3 floating about for the iphone with a awesome tilt control system. Basically its being pushed forward as a viable gaming platform this autumn.
rawr...
Quote by Sacrament
Spore has been officially announced for the iPhone, theres also a few alpha versions of quake 3 floating about for the iphone with a awesome tilt control system. Basically its being pushed forward as a viable gaming platform this autumn.

Oh my god. It just got worse.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra
Oh my god. It just got worse.

Get over yourself.

If you don't want an iphone, don't get one. Stop trolling under the pretense people care about your opinion on them.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Don't apple updates brick them though?

It used to be that you'd have to wait for the newest version of the firmware to be hacked before you could upgrade your already jailbroken phone. Now there's a method that supposedly will make it to where the updates don't matter, since the jailbreak is so deep in the phone's OS. It's also a lot more stable. I don't know the exact details of it, and I have yet to use that version.

Jailbreaking really isn't going to matter a whole lot anymore though in another 2 months. Firmware 2.0 is going to be out, along with the Apple Application store. 3rd party developed applications, distributed through Apple, and at whatever cost the developer decides. The Dev wants to put his app up for free? So be it.
Quote by happytimeharry
It used to be that you'd have to wait for the newest version of the firmware to be hacked before you could upgrade your already jailbroken phone. Now there's a method that supposedly will make it to where the updates don't matter, since the jailbreak is so deep in the phone's OS. It's also a lot more stable. I don't know the exact details of it, and I have yet to use that version.

Jailbreaking really isn't going to matter a whole lot anymore though in another 2 months. Firmware 2.0 is going to be out, along with the Apple Application store. 3rd party developed applications, distributed through Apple, and at whatever cost the developer decides. The Dev wants to put his app up for free? So be it.

I see, that's pretty good. I'd still rather have a sony ericsson k850i, which does all the same stuff, simply because I work for virgin mobile so I can get that one for a lot cheaper than an iphone >.<
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
I see, that's pretty good. I'd still rather have a sony ericsson k850i, which does all the same stuff, simply because I work for virgin mobile so I can get that one for a lot cheaper than an iphone >.<

Ah that's cool. Can't beat employee discounts.
No, I don't feel like getting a $300 phone just to pay $90 per month for service.
:
Quote by malachifivebass
you cant make a male musician choose music or sex, its like asking a fat man twinkie or brownie

Quote by iamnotrabid
Quote by metdethslaythrx
Naomi
it's "I moan" backwards
No, it's I maon.

Phail

I WILL one day rule the world, Pm me with the position you want and Ill see if it is open.
Quote by jambi_mantra
Another old saying, jack of all trades, master of none.

My phone, is a phone, I don't use it for anything else. My mp4 player is for entertainment. I have no need for portable internet. I don't even use the WAP on my phone.

With all that in one device, the chances of something going wrong are high, the battery life will be awful, iPod batteries were and still are terrible so with all that in one device, it's gotta bring it down. I don't think it will ever get to the stage where people will just buy one.

You aren't the kind of person that apple made the product for than. I use my browser daily and I love not having to lug my iPod around all the time as well.

That being said, how would a phone with the same capabilities and same amount of memory be inferior to a stand-alone pmp?

Edit: also I dont understand your logic regarding the instability of a device with multiple abilities...a pc can play music, movies, do word processing, image editing, mass communications, play games, be an educational resource and be stable. The major cause of issues are user fault and viruses/Trojans.
Last edited by Jugthug42 at Apr 11, 2008,
Quote by Deliriumbassist
And join the iPhone bashing sheep instead?

That's what IIIIIIIIIIII was going to say!

Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
Quote by josh999x
I'd wait a bit as the current iphone requires you be on contract and pay the price of a ipod and it only has a 2 megapixel camera and no video function, i doubt it has bluetooth either.

I've been told that it does have bluetooth but you can only use it with other iPhones. I don't know if that's true though.
Quote by Jugthug42
You aren't the kind of person that apple made the product for than. I use my browser daily and I love not having to lug my iPod around all the time as well.

That being said, how would a phone with the same capabilities and same amount of memory be inferior to a stand-alone pmp?

Edit: also I dont understand your logic regarding the instability of a device with multiple abilities...a pc can play music, movies, do word processing, image editing, mass communications, play games, be an educational resource and be stable. The major cause of issues are user fault and viruses/Trojans.

I'll admit I have no response that doesn't make me sound like an idiot to the pc comment. So kudos to you for that argument.

To me it comes down to this, if you buy it coz you want a phone, it's expensive and fairly large compared to a lot of phones. If you buy it for the mp3 player, there's better for the money. The camera on it is poor compared to most now so that's a downside to it. And I can't see the need to have it all in one. If you can then go for it, but to me, it seems stupid and I think a lot of people who buy it, do because they wanna show off.

But seeing as I already got owned by Mistress Ibanez I'm going to leave because this argument would go on forever as I don't think you need it all in one and prefer haveing seperate ones, you don't. Just a difference on opinion.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra

some people do need internet, some do want an mp3 player on there phone. just because you have no need for it doesn't mean that other people might want it or need it.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Get over yourself.

If you don't want an iphone, don't get one. Stop trolling under the pretense people care about your opinion on them.

+1

*EDIT* you just gave up because of Mistress...

I salute you for going out with honor-

*theres no salute smiley... salute*

Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

Quote by mikko_9119
some people do need internet, some do want an mp3 player on there phone. just because you have no need for it doesn't mean that other people might want it or need it.

I find having a phone and an mp3 player together works wonders. Also means my keys only have the oppurtunity to scratch one item as opposed to two
i didnt star this thread so some morons that dont even have iphones comment on what they do not even know. Please only if you have an iphone or have used one please. the one complaint i have with it is the 70 monthly charge
If you unlock it (using ziphone... just google it) you can use whatever provider you want..
I don't know how it works where you live, but here you just buy a SIM-card from a certain provider, you pay €25 and you get €25 worth of call-time or sms'es.. then you can "reload" by buying cards at the store.. so there's no monthly charge at all...

EDIT: by cards I didn't mean a new SIM-card, but like, a card with a code on with which you can "reload" your credit...
Page 1 of 2