I am still having trouble making a decision between two guitars. I play metal and I like really nice clean tones.The Ibanez S470 DXQM Blue Moon Burst or the ESP LTD M1000. The problem is I do want a guitar with a locking trem, but from what I have heard floyd roses are quite a pain. The S470 has a ZR locking bridge and the M1000 has a FR. I have heard the ZR is great. I like the EMG pickups on the M1000 but I dont want to buy it and hate the FR. I was thinking about buying the s470 and putting in emg's but the only disadvantage the s470 has at this point is the neck is bolt-on, which isn't that big of a deal. I am jut weighing quality and cost. Will it be worth buying the Ibanez and putting in emg's or should I just buy the M1000 that already has them and live with the FR.

Thanks I really appreciate your input.

Here are the 2 guitars:

Ibanez S470 DXQM:

http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?itemid=61212&sourcetype=singleitemsearch

ESP LTD M1000:

http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?itemid=56950&sourcetype=singleitemsearch
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Well, at the end of the day it's your choice, but I think that an Official Floyd Rose would be a better choice than a ZR bridge.
Quote by Td_Nights
*Points to Above Poster*

Best. Username. Ever.

Quote by _-Joey-_
I wish I was gay...

PSN- td_rules Steam- tdrules
Ibanez. and you should do a poll for this
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Try both the bridges out. Seriously.

I'd go for the S myself, but I own one and know how awesome it is anyway.
I would personally go for the M-1000. Better pickups, better construction, and better looks (IMO). The only problem is that particular set of EMGs won't get very good cleans. I would look into an MH-1000. The 85 in the neck has better cleans (but still not amazing) than the 81, and the MH is made out of mahogany which IMO compliments EMGs much better than alder.

As far as the bridges go, neither is necessarily better than the other. They are just different. Try them out for yourself to see which one is better, but I'll tell you now, the maintinence on both will probably be about the same.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
ESP
FTW
It's so crazy. If Jesus was a guitar, he'd be that guitar.
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
Quote by Vanquish
Schecter Hellraiser FR

I don't think you understand what is going on here. We're not naming our favorite guitar, we're helping him pick between the two that he chose. Furthermore, aside from blurting out a random crappy guitar, you gave no reason to choose it over the ones that the threadstarter actually wants to buy. Seriously.

More on topic, I would actually take the ESP over the Ibanez on this one. I've found that series of ESP to be of a better build quality than the S series in general. But as always, play before you buy.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
The M1000 is an amazing guitar. I love mine and would buy another just for a different tuning.
look at a jackson(used soloist) or the ibanez rg series. they are way higher quality than both the esp and the ibanez s series
i have no respect for ESP what so ever. all they do is rip off other brands successful guitars. so im gonna say ibanez
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Even though I'm a Ibanez fanboy, I'm gonna have to say LTD because I absolutely hate the ZR. ZR does stay in tune very nicely, but the stiff feeling of it... urg... I'd buy a RG2550Z because it have a edge over these two.
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
Quote by itchy guitar
i have no respect for ESP what so ever. all they do is rip off other brands successful guitars. so im gonna say ibanez

How can they rip off brands if their versions are better?
schectors suck sperm off of cat dicks.

Ibanez > ESP

Edit:

The price difference is huge. I don't like those Ibanez Models.

Get a higher-end Ibanez.
When it comes to actual ESP and Ibanez ESP > Ibanez and the M1000 > any non prestige and most budget prestige.
ibanez are much better than ltd anyday i'd get the ibanez, my friend bought an ltd, he ended up selling it in less than 2 months since he hated them soo much after his experience, and so did i.
his next guitar was an ibanez rg350dx its wayyyyyyyy 53431x better than the ltd. ltds are cheap imitations of other guitars such as jackson(randy rhoads) Gibsons(sgs, and les pauls). ltds are fairly heavy and i've played an Ibanez S series and it was light and played like a dream! i would only get ESP not LTD. ltd are ripoffs

oh yeah i also own 4 guitars, and 2 which have floyd rose, their not that great. unless you play or are like as good steve vai, you dont necessarily need one.
Quote by Zeroxsk8er1
ibanez are much better than ltd anyday i'd get the ibanez, my friend bought an ltd, he ended up selling it in less than 2 months since he hated them soo much after his experience, and so did i.
his next guitar was an ibanez rg350dx its wayyyyyyyy 53431x better than the ltd. ltds are cheap imitations of other guitars such as jackson(randy rhoads) Gibsons(sgs, and les pauls). ltds are fairly heavy and i've played an Ibanez S series and it was light and played like a dream! i would only get ESP not LTD. ltd are ripoffs

oh yeah i also own 4 guitars, and 2 which have floyd rose, their not that great. unless you play or are like as good steve vai, you dont necessarily need one.

LTD 400 series and above are good guitars for the money. It's below the 400 that is trash. I suggest that people own guitars first before they start bashing them.
The Ibanez RG1570/2550 is probably better built than both. I'd go for the 1570 if you are dead set on changing the PUs though.

MIJ FTW!
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by itchy guitar

What does it matter if you don't respect them. Who care if they use the same shapes as other companies. If you complained about all the companies who did that you would only be using Fender and Gibson.

I would take the M1000. You shouldn't have problems with the OFR, they are well built. I also personally dislike Ibanez necks and I think ESP/LTD's play nicely. I actually almost got an MH-1000 over my EC.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.