Hi,

I am currently in the market to get a full valve amp. I currently use a Gibson Les paul standard into a Marshal AVT100FX. Love the amp but feel I need a wamer sound on the od channels that a full valve amp can offer.

I occasionaly use my Korg ax3000g for delays and such but in general this is plugged into an old fender amp in a spare room. I like the look of the DSL50 head and cabinet (Would look awesome in my living room as well!!) but think this would be an over kill for me as I mainly do most of my playing at home now. Although I live by mysef, I am sure my neighbour wont appreciate the massive volume these amps can produce. If you could recomend any other amps I should be looking at whilst I am traviling around the local Guitar shops?

Much appreciated

Stu
you want marshall sound get a Traynor YCV50 or a Ceriatone Plexi or JCM800
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
I hav'nt considered the plexi nor the Traynor. Tend to favour marshall, but only cause of the name. Am open to try these amps out. Thanks.
Quote by stuhud
I hav'nt considered the plexi nor the Traynor. Tend to favour marshall, but only cause of the name. Am open to try these amps out. Thanks.

Trust me the name Ain't everything lol.

The Traynor is a great amp a lot like a Plexi Or JCM800. the Ceriatones make better reissues of Marshalls than Marshall does in alot of people opinions.

If you MUST get a Marshall get like a 80s JCM800
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
The Traynor sounds more like a Marshall than any of the Marshalls in its price range.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
The Traynor sounds more like a Marshall than any of the Marshalls in its price range.

+1

unless he buys like a JCM800 combo
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Cheers,

I am not sure what I am really looking for yet. I like the look of these amps price is always a minor issue with good gear.... My general rule is if the gear suits your taste's price is not the issue. I will be living with this amp for a long time so price will be nothing in the long run. (I am no million-are thou!)

As with most amps its all down to the player to get the best out of the gear and amp together. Thats why I love the ATV as I have had it a far time now. But the amp is not doing my new found fondness towards all valve sound...
Quote by stuhud
Cheers,

I am not sure what I am really looking for yet. I like the look of these amps price is always a minor issue with good gear.... My general rule is if the gear suits your taste's price is not the issue. I will be living with this amp for a long time so price will be nothing in the long run. (I am no million-are thou!)

As with most amps its all down to the player to get the best out of the gear and amp together. Thats why I love the ATV as I have had it a far time now. But the amp is not doing my new found fondness towards all valve sound...

Ok. Tell what kind of music do you play? how much are you willing to spend and you seem to perfer Brit voiced right?
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Yeah I like the brit voiced stuff. As far as budget goes not fussed really. Just after a good amp for my house with enough kick for gigs. I like playing such a varied taste im music from metallica to greenday, Hendrix to joe-bonamasser, Old school rock and some occasional glam rock. Love clapton, and such as well.