it's really hard to hear the vocals. Don't be afraid of singing!!! you already play guitar so that automatically helps u with your intonation (really, you'll probably be able to hear yourself if your in key or not).
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Yeah very true man,have more confidence thats what distinguishes a good singer froma bad one.
I know John Mayer has a quiet voice but you still need to project your voice if you're not using a decent mic or if its in the wrong spot.
If you want to do a cover of it for a gig or whatever, go for it. But dont think you have to sing it like him. Dont change the dynamics of the song if you want to do a straight cover, but sing it like YOU would, not like HE would.
Quote by ObliviousEnd
Yeah very true man,have more confidence thats what distinguishes a good singer froma bad one.

I don't think confidence necessarily has anything to do with how good or bad you are at singing. i.e. Paul Potts. I believe that if you showed more confidence and sang a bit louder, we would be able to more accurately give you feedback.
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

My Gear
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe