I've been really interested in one of these for quite some time. As far as I know right now no one in my general area sells one so I would have to buy one online and try it out. I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with one of these and can tell me abit about it. Any complaints or praises?

Tech 21 Sansamp RPM Rackmount Preamp

Thanks.....
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
Last edited by CNC-Digity at Apr 12, 2008,
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
The pedals are more practical unless you own a studio.

Besides that, SansAmp gear along with Fulltone's Bass-Drive are the best.
Last edited by Ki' at Apr 12, 2008,
Whats the difference? The RPM would be affecting the sound coming out of my speakers.
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
Quote by CNC-Digity
Whats the difference? The RPM would be affecting the sound coming out of my speakers.

For one, you're paying more for studio-specific features like XLR inputs and outputs.

Secondly, "Rackmount"- do you have a rack to mount it on? It's easily damaged unless you have a 19" wide flat surface to keep it on at all times.

A musician with gear like this would usually already have a whole bass rig to mount it onto. AKA, a signed professional bassist.
After taking a second look on the Tech 21 site I found a floor version of the RPM rackmount preamp. Its the Sansamp Para Driver. Has anyone played out of one of these before? Any complaints or praises?

Tech 21 SansAmp Para Driver DI Instrument Preamp Pedal

Thanks.....
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
The Para Driver is more of a harmonic exciter (like the famous BBE Sonic Maximizer) than an overdrive pedal.

If you're primarily a bassist, I'd recommend the SansAmp Bass Driver DI.
I have the programmable bass DI and its great. Excellent distorted tone, built like a truck, 3 programmable presets (so you can switch easily between sounds) AND it has all those nifty studio features too (speaker modelling and XLR out).

Buy that one, or for ten bucks less (here in Oz) you can get the stomb box with just one switch.
Quote by to_the_grave
I have the programmable bass DI and its great. Excellent distorted tone, built like a truck, 3 programmable presets (so you can switch easily between sounds) AND it has all those nifty studio features too (speaker modelling and XLR out).

Buy that one, or for ten bucks less (here in Oz) you can get the stomb box with just one switch.

Is this the one you are refering to? Programmable bass DI

I don't think I'm really in need of three different sounds but I guess for $10 extra it can't really hurt.
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
But you need at least two. 1) distorted 2) clean...3 is up to you.

Its well worth it just to have that switchable sound without fiddling around with the knobs while you play.
Quote by to_the_grave
But you need at least two. 1) distorted 2) clean...3 is up to you.

Its well worth it just to have that switchable sound without fiddling around with the knobs while you play.

Clean could be off...
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Could be. But you could set up a "clean" channel with tube boost and speaker modelling, which sounds pretty awesome.
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp