Page 1 of 2
So i bail down to my local blockbuster games to purchase the new mario kart game during my free period today, i rush home after ICT last lesson turn my wii on then load the bitch up...now i wasn't too impressed with the title screen but ill let it pass....i instantly realize that 100cc is bikes only....i mean WTF the games called mario KART therefore i assume the bikes would be an option and not a requirement. Reluctantly i start the 50cc champion ship and choose my all time favorite racer the legend that is Luigi and start one of the races. Now as all "xcore" gamers know when you hold the acceleration down as the countdown fades past two you get a boost start and yes, i got a boost start but it felt absolute WANK gaining little advantage at all then comes to the first corner (this is where it gets bad) i prepare myself for the whole "repeatedly hammer left and right whilst holding the drift button" in order to power drift round corners but find that the gimps have taken it out and all you have to do is hold the drift button down for a number of seconds.....thus removing the most enjoyable part of mario kart the snaking, a technique that took me aaaaaages to master on the DS version, a technique that yes made me an official c"$#t but gave me the upper edge when pWning my mates in the common room between lessons, I R WANT SNAKING NINTENDO
You'll be lucky if anybody reads the wall of text, however, it's **** that they took that out.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
i had to express my anger somehow man, fricking pissed off about it

if i knew about it was gonna be like this i would have got a year xbox live for when GTA comes out instead
I'm erm... a lady.

Also, anger does not prevent punctuation and grammar.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
well the best mario kart was 64, and there were no snaking there

therefore who gives a toss
pfft snaking is a cheap technique that takes the skill out of the actual racing. play a classic mario kart game and you'll see how watered down mkds and mk wii really are.

and aslong as you can gain a boost from powersliding you can snake.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
I'm erm... a lady.

Also, anger does not prevent punctuation and grammar.

Anger can cloud judgment and reason therefore inhibiting the ability to punctuate and use accurate grammar in sentences.
Quote by skater dan0
pfft snaking is a cheap technique that takes the skill out of the actual racing. play a classic mario kart game and you'll see how watered down mkds and mk wii really are.

and aslong as you can gain a boost from powersliding you can snake.

you cant snake on mario kart wii.....doesnt give you enough time to build it up on long straights as it goes on how long the drift is held not how fast you can rub two buttons
and there kids is why you shouldn't buy yet another overdone series from a company that seems to release nothing but overplayed ideas.

Tada.
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

Quote by grungeisdeaduk
Anger can cloud judgment and reason therefore inhibiting the ability to punctuate and use accurate grammar in sentences.

Anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering

Suffering leads to...the darkside.
Quote by rworsl
and there kids is why you shouldn't buy yet another overdone series from a company that seems to release nothing but overplayed ideas.

Tada.

how dare ye

nintendo is nothing short of brilliant,

i propose you go suck Bill Gates 8gb hard one
I don't even understand what the hell you're on about. Snaking? I don't remember that on the 64. Meh, I just want the steering wheel, and it's a laugh so I'll still get it.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jesus2nd
you cant snake on mario kart wii.....doesnt give you enough time to build it up on long straights as it goes on how long the drift is held not how fast you can rub two buttons

i see that as a very good thing, it brings the skill back into the racing. if you have to hold a drift for a long time to get any kind of boost from it then you'll have to time everything perfectly to ultimately succeed. Snaking was always an unfair advantage because it took the snaker alost entirely out of weapon range for every aimable weapon, thus making the follower rely on homing weapons again lowering the skill needed to win.

mk64 is where racing was racing and red shells weren't so accurate, if you wanted to get somewhere you had to be smart with banana traps, accurate with shells, and economical with mushrooms, on top of that you had to drive fast and not screw up.

on a slightly unrelated note does the blue shell fly in this one or does it do it's job and take out everything on the racing line?
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by imthehitcher

therefore who gives a toss

dude, Super Mario Kart is where it's at. Not Mario Kart 64.

I don't know if I'm going to get Mario Kart Wii yet. Nintendo have marketed the Wii as a 'family' console and have alienated a lot of the hardcore Nintendo fans. I'm just waiting for Super Smash Bros. Brawl to be released over here.
Quote by skater dan0
i see that as a very good thing, it brings the skill back into the racing. if you have to hold a drift for a long time to get any kind of boost from it then you'll have to time everything perfectly to ultimately succeed. Snaking was always an unfair advantage because it took the snaker alost entirely out of weapon range for every aimable weapon, thus making the follower rely on homing weapons again lowering the skill needed to win.

mk64 is where racing was racing and red shells weren't so accurate, if you wanted to get somewhere you had to be smart with banana traps, accurate with shells, and economical with mushrooms, on top of that you had to drive fast and not screw up.

on a slightly unrelated note does the blue shell fly in this one or does it do it's job and take out everything on the racing line?

yeah but...ermmmm good point

and i think the blue shell still flys
at the moment i aint really diggin the game (as you can probably tell)

however, tomorrow night im having some mates round, and i think playing it pissed might hopefully take the edge of it
Quote by xX*Zeppelin*Xx
I hate the flying blue shell.

I agree. I get so pissed off when some dickhead in 8th place fires a blue shell at me when i'm winning.

However, I do have a good tactic to help prevent losing your prized first place. If 2nd and 3rd aren't too far behind, just slow right down and it'll get them as well.
Quote by jesus2nd
and i think the blue shell still flys

Ah, fuck. I was hoping Nintendo would have the sense to put the good blue shell in from MK64. Watching that thing take out most of the racers on the track was brilliant.

Can you drive over and crush karts that have been struck by the lightning bolt?

With regards to snaking, I don't really care, though I did learn how to snake on F-Zero GX instead (damn it, I hope they make a new one).
Quote by Felkara
Dude, you just made the most intelligent post in this entire thread. Congrats.
The snaking boost on DS was ass. It was much better on Double Dash with a double-tap in the opposite direction of the turn.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
i agree with everything the overlord said except the f zero comment, i had gx but i really could get to grips with it, i found the learning curve was too steep for me which was a shame because i loved to look of it and how the racers were customisable and i loved the old f zero games
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
thats like complaining that they took wavedashing and all the other horribly abused glitches out of brawl

BUT I WANT TO MANIPULATE THE GAME THROUGH GLITCHES AND HUNDREDS OF HOURS TO MASTER A TACTIC THAT MAKES IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR REGULAR PEOPLE TO WIN

well.. kinda
You realize that DS was the only one with snaking, right? It's not like a defining characteristic of the series as a whole.

That being said, I think it made the DS game really fun. It was a cool addition.
Quote by The Overlord
With regards to snaking, I don't really care, though I did learn how to snake on F-Zero GX instead (damn it, I hope they make a new one).

+1

Hands down best racing game ever
I think this is the best mario kart ever, mostly due to the online aspect.
Quote by Tombe
Shut your noise, I was 18 when I had mine. About 30 seconds later the girl was sick on me. I'm not sure if the two events were related.
I never really hated the snaking, but I think they did right to remove it.

I'm liking the new one. Don't use the wii wheel, good old gamecube pad. I had read that you couldn't do the flips and wheelies with the GC pad, but you can . I also the Bikes.

Online play is impressive, no lag like some other games I've tried. And it means you can play a competitive game without feeling like you've been cheated (computer always gets a blue shell when your next to the finishing line).
Quote by mh400nt
Theres rats running around outside my window, one of them has an apple, he looks very happy about this.

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Oh ****

Aaaah well. It gives me an excuse to rape.

Quote by Jaymz_515
Bunnywunnywabbitywoos.
Get An Xbox 360 and sell the Wii.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
Quote by imthehitcher

+1
...and Mario Kart 64 was amazing.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
The blue shell just unbalances the game.

You only get it when you're near the back and it only hits the poeple near the front. It doesn't aid you in any way, it just makes being at the front unnecessarily irritating.
Snaking killed Mariokart DS.

People BAWWWWed about it, and lets face it, it did **** the game a little. All I had to do to win everyone was pick dry-bones in the dry-bomber, then BAM, pwn ass by spending the rest of the race pressing L + R as fast as I could.

It's a viable tactic, I agree, but it WAY dominated that game. You know something's wrong with a game if you have to handicap yourself to actually have a challenging race.
You can have the game allready (we have to wait until the 27th), so please don't whine if your favorite exploit is gone...
Quote by Donkey Fly
Get An Xbox 360 and sell the Wii.

I regret buying the wii, all the best 3rd party companies don't send their best titles over like COD 4, GTA 4, etc. I should have gotten an xbox 360, the only companie putting out decent games for the wii is nintendo.
Page 1 of 2