Just added a really short riff from The Glass Prison. Let me know what yall think about the tone. Still on the hunt but i think im getting closer. And i know my playing sucks I just want to hear about the tone...

Also was my first decent sounding mic recording woo hooo

Click Here! Then Glass Prison
it's probably more your fingers then the amp, but i think your microphone possibly sucks also. dunno

(referring to the "buzziness" of the tone)
Looks like im back to the drawing board lol

And i know what you mean about the fuzz i cant get rid of it... I've tried alot of different things but it just surrounds the thing.... I fixed one freq that was really horrible but no matter what i cant get a good tone out of the amp... Wonder if something could be jacked up internally... What makes me think this is I cant re-produce how it sounded when i first got it for some reason. Its just a buzzy mess..
Quote by trashbeast
it's probably more your fingers then the amp, but i think your microphone possibly sucks also. dunno

(referring to the "buzziness" of the tone)

Naa not in this case, yes i suck pretty bad but i can play a power chord in drop c with one finger no skill required and it does the same thing.

Everything seems to blend in together like a big mess, its hard to explain even a single note sounds fine then gets buzzy and goes to hell.

Also the mics are a sm57 and a EV Cobalt Co4 so there decent mics.. And even live the sounds pretty close to that.
Quote by Horlicks
Changing the speaker/tubes will do a world of good.

Yea, i've been thinking about that. Right now the cab has Celestion 75's and Vintage lead 80's in an x pattern. I want to drop in 30's but want to make sure its not the amp before i take out the 80's and turns out it was the amp the whole time. Same thing with the tubes.. Im trying not to invest to much cash in this thing..
Quote by timi_hendrix
What settings were you using for that?

Amp
Presence 0-3
Resonance 3-4
Treble 4-5
Middle 5-6
Bass 9-10
Gain 4-5
Gain button pushed in
Volume button pushed in
Texture 10

Bad monkey
Level 10
Gain 0
Low 8
High 5

BBE
Process 4
Contour 5

Mxr 10 band
Lows-mids increased a hair depending on freq and 2khz flat then 4khz and higher up a hair. Pretty much the same eq settings as amp but bumped up and finely adjusted using eq. Same tone with eq off just missing slight tweaks.

Also the buzz doesnt go away at any setting. Tone changes dramatically but buzz and muddiness stays the same.

And thanks for all the comments i've been pretty much fishing for negative comments so i can get a real idea of how bad the tone is.
Well, those settings look way too bassy to me. Try backing off the bass in the amp's EQ and taking your presence up a bit.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by timi_hendrix
Well, those settings look way too bassy to me. Try backing off the bass in the amp's EQ and taking your presence up a bit.

The bass is due to the mic'ing its actually lacking bass in the live setting. The Classic Lead 80 kills most of the bass response. Info on 80 "Today, the Classic Lead is much-loved by lead guitarists for its speed, punch and articulation, with every note clearly defined on even big, distorted sounds." Then i have the G12T-75 Info on it "But it’s in rock and metal that this speaker has really made its mark, with an emphasis on huge bass, relaxed mids and vibrant highs." I usually have the presence at about 4-5 but it makes the buzzing sound more pronounced and also makes things way to bright. Im usually a scooped mids kind of guy...But this amp is way way to muddy for that.
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Apr 11, 2008,