I'm planning to get my first guitar and I have little to no knowledge on guitars. I was thinking about getting the Epiphone Les Paul Special II with the pack just to get started on, but then I saw the Les Paul-100 which is coincidently $100 more.

I was wondering if you think the LP-100 is noticeably better than the Special and if it's worth me spending the extra $100 (I don't have a lot of money)

Thanks.
-Dan
Quote by dangibang
I'm planning to get my first guitar and I have little to no knowledge on guitars. I was thinking about getting the Epiphone Les Paul Special II with the pack just to get started on, but then I saw the Les Paul-100 which is coincidently $100 more.

I was wondering if you think the LP-100 is noticeably better than the Special and if it's worth me spending the extra $100 (I don't have a lot of money)

Thanks.

not really
there a lot alike but the 100 has a wider control range and a different finish. If I were you I'd look into other guitars...

EDIT
buy this
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul100-HiPerformance-Pack-with-Valve-Junior-Amp?sku=514492
NOW
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
^ Ya that's a good deal...what he said.
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Traynor YCV 50 Custom Blue

Quote by Dee'snutz
YES! you, Dazed/confused, are a genius. my thanks to you, good friend
Quote by nath1142
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul100-HiPerformance-Pack-with-Valve-Junior-Amp?sku=514492

this is an awsome deal for a starterguitar considering the amps is worth about that and the guitar is worth more.

only thing is the amp is only 5w.

are you dumb?

and 5 watts is fine for starter and its tube.
Gear

98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Quote by nath1142

this is an awsome deal for a starterguitar considering the amps is worth about that and the guitar is worth more.

only thing is the amp is only 5w.

damn someone beat me to it

5W tube is pretty damn loud for playing in your bedroom as a beginner.
but seriously, get it. best deal you'll ever find
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
oops
sorry bro, check other sites.
Gear

98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Quote by shredforbread33
are you dumb?

and 5 watts is fine for starter and its tube.

i know it's fine for a starter

i'm just saying it's only 5w
TS, maybe look into the blackheart combo's, as they have more tonal controls than the Valve junior. If you're not too fussed on the tone controls go for the VJ.
You might want to look into SX guitar's also, they're great for starter players, and have better quality than the Epiphone's you listed.