Hello everyone, as few of you know (and many who don't honestly care), I am customizing my P-bass. While looking for various things to do to it, I came across the N-Tune.

http://www.music123.com/N-Tune-Onboard-Chromatic-Electric-Guitar-Tuner-210105-i1389203.Music123?cm_mmc=$(channel)$-_-N-Tune-_-Guitar%20Replacement%20Parts-_-N-Tune%20Onboard%20Chromatic%20Electric%20Guitar%20Tuner&source=ZWBZWXX&mr:referralID=b9cbe1db-07ee-11dd-8103-000423bb4e79

I understand that it is made for guitars, but I am wondering if it bass-able for use?

Thanks in advance.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
i've never heard of this product before, i'd say send an email to the anufacturer asking what's the lowest frequency it'll pick up. if it's above 40Hz it won't work on bass
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
After some snooping around, I found this on their website.
Quote by N-Tune.com
What is the range of the N-Tune tuner?
The effective range of the tuner is from 27Hz to 3.52kHz (A0-A7).

How accurate is N-Tune?
It is accurate within +/- 2 cents.

This is all Greek to me, so I think it might work.

This was also found (click the very bottom right picture).
http://www.n-tune.com/main/gallery

This piqued my interest, however.
Quote by N-Tune.com
What's the difference between the Fender and Gibson kits of N-Tune?
The Gibson kit contains a 500k potentiometer and black and cream discs to match the plastic on many Gibson style guitars. The Fender kit has a 250k potentiometer and white, black, parchment and cream discs to match the plastic on many Fender style guitars.

So two questions.
#1: Should this work?
#2: If it does, which kit should I get?

Thanks again.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
1960's Banjuke
it picks up 27hz which is lower than your low E so yeah it should work.

which one you buy depends on what value pots you are going to put in your p bass. right now it'll have 250k but i remember you saying that you wanted to put a humbucker in it so i'd recommend you go up to 500k pots
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
I clicked this thread expecting someone able to tie bass guitars and graphics card tweaking together in a thread.

Needless to say, I was disappointed.
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
Vagina's tend to be not all that great looking most of the time. It's all... flappy. Looks sloppy.

I'd have to say guy junk wins but not by much. It's like winning a beauty contest against Steve Buscemi.
I agree with dan. It'll work, and if your just gonna have a P bass, get the Fender one (250k). However, I think there are better things to spend the money on if you are building a custom bass. Hipshot Tuners, graphite reinforced neck, things of that nature.
that sounds interesting, i still dont get how it works though

yay thats my old bass on the bass n-tune!

edit: oh right, its not like the robot guitar that tunes it for you...
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
Last edited by Jonn0 at Apr 13, 2008,
Quote by IndianRockStar
I agree with dan. It'll work, and if your just gonna have a P bass, get the Fender one (250k). However, I think there are better things to spend the money on if you are building a custom bass. Hipshot Tuners, graphite reinforced neck, things of that nature.

I am going to add hipshot tuners, redo the entire wiring, and change all the hardware (gold ). As for the graphite neck, I am most likely going to keep the one I have and get new inlays for it; I have always had high esteem for Squier necks, I think they are phenominal. The finish on it is very comfortable, and although I dislike the chunky P-Bass neck, it is not chunky enough to be considered uncomfortable.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
1960's Banjuke
Last edited by kranoscorp at Apr 13, 2008,
Should work if it says 27hz, as said above.

Also, if you don't like the Precision neck, get a Jazz one. Seems like only a few people know both necks fit on both basses.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
Quote by Pink Muse
Should work if it says 27hz, as said above.

Also, if you don't like the Precision neck, get a Jazz one. Seems like only a few people know both necks fit on both basses.

That is true, but who is to say that the finish will turn out as good? I like the squier neck because although its shape is difficult, it has a wonderful texture.
Quote by creepingjesus73
Might I make a suggestion? Not precisely on-topic, but near...
TBX tone pot? It's worth the money - stops the lower tone positions turning to mud.

My P+ came with one as std, and it's damn good!

This looks really cool as well, it looks like it combines a 2 band EQ into one tone pot, if this is actually true I am deffinitely using it. I am concerned about it working with the humbucker, however.
http://www.music123.com/Fender-TBX-Tone-Control-361264-i1130046.Music123
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
1960's Banjuke
Last edited by kranoscorp at Apr 13, 2008,
It's not strictly a 2-band eq. It kinda acts like one tho; it's actually a miniaturised filter network. I think. I could be wrong...

Anyhow, it's a truly remarkable gadget, think I'll be having one for me Tele! How it would fare with active pups, I'm not so sure. I should have thought of that!

If the pup is powered up, the controls don't have to be; that's how my BCR is rigged.

If your HB is passive, the TBX will handle it ok by virtue of its' design. Because the proportions of tone tweaking are relative to the position of the control, it'll cope with anything from a mild-mannered guitar s/c, thro a J, to a P, to your HB. The results will be different in each case, however...

Hope that helps. Or even makes sense...
the only reason why i don't think it will work is because of the low notes on the bass.

i would ask the manufacturer
~Insert Signature Here~