Yeah. I was thinking of getting an ESP EC-1000, but decided to get an authentic Gibson Les Paul. (sucker...I know...)

Anyhow, alls I see are REMAKES if you will. Do they make a current 2008 Les Paul Standard guitar that isnt a 50's, 60's etc. REMAKE?

Sure the oldies were good, but I want a current year guitar that will become its own oldie down the line. Not a oldie of an oldie...
Quote by Horlicks
Gibson Robot

coolest guitar EVER. i mean come on, it tunes ITSELF!
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
I thought all models were just remakes of the 50's, 60's, etc.

You could get a Les Paul Model that isn't a standard.

I can't find anything for 2008...there's the Les Paul Menace...but it's not standard...I really am not sure what to suggest.
I actually like the color of the robots. But no way am I paying 4k for a POS self tuning studio guitar.

Hmm.

I guess it looks like its going to be a 60's remake rootbeer standard then...
I'm sure there all new models 50's and 60's is to tell you what neck profile it has i think the 50's was slightly thicker.
You can get a Gibson Les Paul Standard......from 2008
When they say 50s or 60s, it is refering to two different neck profiles. The 50s is a bit fatter than the 60s. An actual remake (not a very accurate one) would be a Gibson Historic.
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
Quote by RHCPfan01
You can get a Gibson Les Paul Standard......from 2008
When they say 50s or 60s, it is refering to two different neck profiles. The 50s is a bit fatter than the 60s. An actual remake (not a very accurate one) would be a Gibson Historic.

Ah!!!

OK then. Still. I want a 2008 neck. Whats this 50's, 60's shyt? You telling me they havent come up with a better neck design in over 50 years???
Gibson? New design?
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
Quote by Axe Murderer
Ah!!!

OK then. Still. I want a 2008 neck. Whats this 50's, 60's shyt? You telling me they havent come up with a better neck design in over 50 years???

As far as neck profiles go, yeah. That aspect is kind of like sharks I reckon, they haven't had a need to evolve.
Gibson isn't quite known for being an innovative company, you know.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
*flameshield*

get the new silverburst one and
with a floyd rose on it
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Artist
IbanezGXR20
Line 6 Spider ll 75
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah