[[]]/****

First of all, let me apologize if this is not the correct section to post my question.

Secondly, what I wanted to know is if there is any good site/book where I can learn all about the "anatomy" of an amplifier. I'm a guitar player, and obviously interested in amp-knowing and such, but I'm high and dry as to what all the parts of the amp do, their functions etc. I think that knowing all those things would make me understand and review amplifiers more easily.

Hope you can help, thnks a lot in advance

Stay cool
[[[]]]]/******
theres a books on 'em at your local barnes n noble
My Gear:
epiphone les paul cusom, Limited edition. evo dimarzio pick ups
Parker P-38
epiphone hummingbird
line 6 flextone
crate vtx 120

head full of ideas.
Buy this!

Absolutely great book. You get into the history and insides of a bunch of classic amps. Detailed, labeled photos for easy reference. Differences between speakers, that sort of thing. You'll love it.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
Buy this!

Absolutely great book. You get into the history and insides of a bunch of classic amps. Detailed, labeled photos for easy reference. Differences between speakers, that sort of thing. You'll love it.

+1
You beat me to it, slats.
Absolutely the best amp book I've found anywhere, practically a bible. If I hadn't found this book, I wouldn't have found my uber-brown sound Mojave or Tone Tubby speakers.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Before you get the book, I picked up a lot of information in the stickies here on UG.