I was considering replacing the pickups on my Gibson Les Paul Studio with the pickups that are used on the Les Paul Standard. Here is the link to them:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-BurstBucker-Pro-Humbucker-Pickup?sku=304665

I would buy 2 of them which would up to about $280 + installation costs. I love the sound my Les Paul gets, but do you think it is worth the investment to upgrade this guitar to the Standard's level?
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
If you love the sound of the guitar at present then why upgrade?

I don't think the improvement would be that noticable anyway. Why not play a les paul standard and see how different the sound actually is?
Quote by Freddy_Walker
stevo 192 lol mate u a beast! Such a rebel!!!

'90 Fender P-bass lyte
Squier P bass special
Trace Elliot Series 6 head and cabs
Fender American Stratocaster
Vintage Teisco electric guitar
Fender princeton 650 dsp amp
my gibson les paul studio has burst bucker pro pickups stock...... so why would you buy the same ones?
The burstbuckers aren't an upgrade from the 490's, they're just something different. They're a bit brighter, and a little more vintage- sounding. In fact, those are the same pickups that are on the LP Vintage Mahogany, which is about $400 less than your studio. If you love the sound that you're getting, there's no point in putting $280 into pickups that are just different, not necessarily better.

Quote by Swat Man
my gibson les paul studio has burst bucker pro pickups stock...... so why would you buy the same ones?

How old is it? They've come with a 490R and a 498T for a while now.
oh NVM my studio has burst bucker pros stock because mine is the mahogany natural. you probably have a painted one which doesnt have the burst buckers.... get those pick ups they are really good i like them
Quote by Swat Man
oh NVM my studio has burst bucker pros stock because mine is the mahogany natural. you probably have a painted one which doesnt have the burst buckers.... get those pick ups they are really good i like them

It sounds like you've got this:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Les-Paul-Vintage-Mahogany-Electric-Guitar?sku=517536

...which isn't a studio.
Gibson pickups are way overpriced; you can get custom wound pickups from www.highorderpickups.com for half the price.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.