Im not sure if this is the proper place for this thread. But I was wanted some opinions on acoustic pickup systems. Im looking to spend around $100. Something simple, but effective. I like a full sound. The acoustic is an Alvarez RD8BR. And please no "digs" on my gear or comments that are useless to me. Thanks
Epiphone Les Paul Custom(antique white, SD hot rod set zebra, no pickguard)
ESP LTD EC401(tobacco sunburst, SD Distortion pups)
Epiphone EJ 200(sunburst)
Fender DG100(natural)
Applause Strat (copy red)
Digitech RP500
Boss TU2 Tuner
I would look on MF at some of the in-hole pickups, like the Duncan Woody. Altho the jack is gonna be kinda wierd i think, and you would need to drill a jack hole, it should sound good.
I got a 140€ acoustic with a 100€ pickup...it sounds godlike when recording direct to my computer.
I don't know wich it is...cuz a friend of mine who owns a guitar shop installed it...
All I know is that it's an active pickup.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Have a look here:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation/acoustic-pickups-guitar-replacement-parts?N=100001+304424

And depending on your situation there are a number of different options for you to consider.
Just wrote a whole bunch and then realised all the information was already around and written/explained better than my job was.
Have a read of this post, in particular the 4th post down by roamingbard13.
Once you have sussed out your options and hopefully have more of an idea of what you want/need get back to us. Or if your still having problems figuring out what you need, I, and others will be around to clear up anything that needs clearing up.
I would recommend the LR Baggs I-Beam. Get the active one. They are $139.00 but if you buy from Musicians Friend you can do a search for Musicians Friend Coupons and usually find a discount.

I did that and save 20% on an item that was $150.