So, like a lot of self taught lazy players I was really lazy about bothering to fret equals what note. I could find them out if I thought it through but was really slow...

Anyways, I started working on a program to help me speed things up and some friends of mine showed interest so I started writing it for general use.

Basically it's a program with a picture of a fretboard that randomly chooses a fret and you have to pick the correct note. I started using it on down time at work and it's helped out a bit.

If you want to check it out it's http://www.seanopedia.com/BuderNotes .

Just to clear things up:

It's free. I don't plan on charging anything for it or having ads. Programming and guitar are my hobbies so that's why I made it. It makes no difference to me as I am just trying to help people out
There's also a free program just like this called FretPro
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Have to give you props that the funniest post I read in a while
Quote by GogglesVK

hazardmaster has won this thread.

Fender Stratocaster 57' Reissue (Japanese)
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Hmm... from the description like its "The Rosetta Stone" of guitar notes... Anybody tried this out though?
Guitars:
Epiphone SG
Schecter Damien FR
Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amps:
Epiphone Studio 10S Practice Amp
Peavey ValveKing 212

Effects:
Vox V847 (NOT V847A) Wah Pedal
DOD FX55-B Supra Distortion
Quote by Slash546
Hmm... from the description like its "The Rosetta Stone" of guitar notes... Anybody tried this out though?

Not sure what you mean by that!
You already know all the notes on the fretboard if you know the names of the strings. It's really not that difficult to figure out or learn. 11 frets that all you have to learn.

e
B
G
D
A
E

are the strings, now if you know that why can't you figure out any note on the fretboard?

Take the A string, I want a C. So I go up A A# B C
A being open
A# being the 1st fret
B being the 2nd fret
C being the 3rd fret.

Remembering the location of the notes will come with time and if you actually take the time to figure it out it will stay in your brain better than if you just try and memorize something.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
You already know all the notes on the fretboard if you know the names of the strings. It's really not that difficult to figure out or learn. 11 frets that all you have to learn.

e
B
G
D
A
E

are the strings, now if you know that why can't you figure out any note on the fretboard?

Take the A string, I want a C. So I go up A A# B C
A being open
A# being the 1st fret
B being the 2nd fret
C being the 3rd fret.

Remembering the location of the notes will come with time and if you actually take the time to figure it out it will stay in your brain better than if you just try and memorize something.

I'm not sure if you looked into the program but what you described is basically what it does except for saying 'I want a C' it does the inverse. It picks a fret and wants to know what note this is. It doesn't give you the answer until it receives your response so you do have to figure it out. If it just told you which note is on which fret I could just took a picture of a fretboard and labeled each fret