last.fm makes like a plug-in for itunes/media player of your choice and keeps track of what you listen to (and how many times) and shows it like statistically with graphs and stuff... then they can like recommend different music for you and they have radio stations and stuff...
last.fm? It's a website, kinda like a music community sort of thing, if you download the audioscrobbler for your favorite music listening software thing, it'll record your listening habits and stuff. it's cool.
"I play guitar" - Me
Quote by vigenharutyunya
mm didn't got.. ya get money for every time when anybody listens to yr music right?? so how can i get a link to give to my fans??

No... It's a website that shows what you listen to each week and suggests new bands to listen to (Sometimes good, sometimes bad) then has an overall chart of what you listen to.

i.e

1. Dream Theater 100 (Plays)
2. Porcupine Tree 35 (Plays)

etc.
Quote by vigenharutyunya
uh adn only?? hmm what about tat it said to create a band uplaod a songs... and so...

What?
And maybe we can fly away from here, surf on the debris of a broken scene...
Quote by vigenharutyunya
yeah i've created a profiel and uploaded a song on...
and it said that i'll get money eevry time somebody wil ltake a listen...
umm anysuggesion??

Suggestion on what?

I want to help, but I gotta be honest I have no idea what you're trying to say or ask half the time :-/
And maybe we can fly away from here, surf on the debris of a broken scene...
That's not true. Last.fm doesn't give you money when people stream your songs. They wouldn't be able to make any money that way.

You can, however, upload your band's music to last.fm and give people the link. When they listen to your songs, you'll be added to their "tastes" and who knows, maybe your songs will get recommended to other users who've never heard of you before. I guess that might INDIRECTLY make you money, but that's about it.
Go to Last.fm, music manager, band administration panel, link to band pages you've set up is somewhere in there.

To everyone else: I just checked, and you actually can collect royalties for radio play. As long as you're not signed. You'd be lucky to make more than $0.03c a month though.
Last edited by Ki' at Apr 12, 2008,
Quote by Ki'
You'd be lucky to make more than $0.03c a month though.

at last i can retire and give up this life of crime!
Who decided that pie would be sold on Tuesday but not Wednesday?