Ok, so since I don't want to wait for another 2 months before the guitar I wanted is in stock, I'm going to get a new one. I want a Les Paul style guitar. My price range is $700. I play a variety of things, including classic rock, hard rock, bluesy stuff, and even metal sometimes. I need a guitar that will give me good distortion, but also good cleans.

I've been looking at guitars by Epiphone, Agile, ESP, etc.

Anything to help break my indecision?

EDIT: It has to be able to stay in tune decently. I've got very sensitive ears from playing violin for so long and I must play in tune otherwise it bothers me. Also, this will be my first electric guitar. I have an amp and cable, just need a guitar. Don't think this means that I don't know how to play guitar, I have an acoustic electric and occasionally play an electric at my friend's house.
Last edited by Parabellum at Apr 11, 2008,
Quote by Parabellum
Ok, so since I don't want to wait for another 2 months before the guitar I wanted is in stock, I'm going to get a new one. I want a Les Paul style guitar. My price range is $700. I play a variety of things, including classic rock, hard rock, bluesy stuff, and even metal sometimes. I need a guitar that will give me good distortion, but also good cleans.

I've been looking at guitars by Epiphone, Agile, ESP, etc.

Anything to help break my indecision?

ESP
the EC with Duncans though not EMGs
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
It's a tad over my price range, but I was looking at it.

Is it really that much better?
if you want something that has to stay in tune you gonna want something with a floyd rose locking bridge. from what i know, there is no les paul like guitar with a floyd rose unless you mod it
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by itchy guitar
if you want something that has to stay in tune you gonna want something with a floyd rose locking bridge. from what i know, there is no les paul like guitar with a floyd rose unless you mod it

If you're going with a tremelo, then yes a Floyd will stay in tune better.
If you are not going with a trem, then you are better off staying way.
Most of the tuning stability on a hardtail guitar comes down to the bridge, the nut, the tuners, and the strings. Keep the nut and bridge lubricated and clean, and the as long as the tuners are not total crap it will stay primarily in tune once the strings are properly stretched.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
Hmm, that EC-100 looks like it's something pretty special. I like everything about it. I'ma do more research on it.