I mean I know some really good guitarist. and they suck at a game that has 5 colored buttons come on do you suck. I ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
I think real guitarists are more willing to spend their free time playing a real guitar as oppossed to a plastic one with buttons.
biggest question is why would you want to play the game? its for retards who can't play a real guitar and want to think they are cool really... at least all of the people i have met who play the game anyway.
Never played it so I probably suck at it.

I remember watching a video of Herman Li playing Through Fire and Flames on Guitar Hero and he got 5%

He plays about 5% of it correct live as well coincidentally enough.

Disclaimer: I actually quite like Dragonforce
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Dave Mustaine Kill List:
Draken
WinterMadness79
Dirge Humani
MrGuitar123
RHCP94
Coins
Magnus_Maximus
You have a one at the end of your exlamation points.....
Gear:
Jackson DKMG
Yamaha Acoustic
Knockoff Strat
Vox AD30VT
Boss MT-2
Crybaby wah
Boss DD-3

The Ultra Balls. Throw them.

Member of the ANTI-IBANEZ MILITIA!
I've sight read up to the level with stricken and before I forget on hard all at least 4 star.

apparently some people actually learn the songs. I suppose some people don't have anything better to do.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by ViperScale
biggest question is why would you want to play the game? its for retards who can't play a real guitar and want to think they are cool really... at least all of the people i have met who play the game anyway.

Erfg, I don't play it, but the point is that it's a VIDEO GAME. They're generally about FANTASY, sorry that not everyone knows how to play guitar, jeeeez, you don't see footballers getting all mad a Pro Evo. Psssst.
im not great at it. cant even beat hard, but i dont try an learn the songs, i just wait until i see the color coming up thhen bam click on it.
Quote by H4t3BR33D3R
fourteen?
For Christ sake she probably couldn't get to the center of a Tootsie Pop let alone suck your **** properly. Just get someone your own age you tosser.
I can beat it on hard...ish.

Me and my buddy play it because i don't have it, i just go round his and beat him at it

He's a basist and i'm a guitarist, so y'know, we've both got the ability.
this has been done many times, do a search on it... i play it at parties and such where i can do hard with decent ease, but nothing compared to playing real guitar
Quote by ViperScale
*Random Ignorant Spew*

Sounds about right.
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." -Carl Sagan

Alvarez RD-8
Ibanez Jet King 2
Dude, are you serious? Guitar Hero is bull****. 5 plastic buttons on that tiny piece of crap, and like 144 'buttons' on a real guitar.
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Have to give you props that the funniest post I read in a while
Quote by GogglesVK

hazardmaster has won this thread.

Fender Stratocaster 57' Reissue (Japanese)
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Quote by meh17
Erfg, I don't play it, but the point is that it's a VIDEO GAME. They're generally about FANTASY, sorry that not everyone knows how to play guitar, jeeeez, you don't see footballers getting all mad a Pro Evo. Psssst.

I think sport games are retarded too. If you want to play football go outside, unless the game is like mario football or something where it isn't like playing a normal game of football.
can beat most of hard.. but not three of the last four songs; which is really annoying.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

I don't really play guitar hero, but I can do OK on hard.

When I play rock band I always play bass on expert.
Signature temporarily empty
Quote by ViperScale

Err.. No, it's just fun to play. Guitarists and non-guitarists alike can enjoy the game and there's no reason to get pissed at people who enjoy playing Guitar Hero, that's like a marine saying "Fucking kids with their Call of Duty!They should see what it's REALLY like!
Quote by oh... THAT guy
Err.. No, it's just fun to play. Guitarists and non-guitarists alike can enjoy the game and there's no reason to get pissed at people who enjoy playing Guitar Hero, that's like a marine saying "Fucking kids with their Call of Duty!They should see what it's REALLY like!

/shrug well i guess i should restate what I am trying to say. I don't care if you want to play it for fun... its just button mashing game, but i have seen to many idiots (even at college) who thought they were leet uber guitar players because they play guitar hero.
They are different but i mean who gives a flying **** if you are good at guitar hero. Real Guitarists get laid, Guitar Heros have a very expensive large dildo.

I have beat GH2 on expert and working on GH3. I like the games they are fun to play when you have friends who cant play a guitar and wann ajam with em
^This post was probably sarcastic

GO LEAFS GO

Chief Executive Officer of Music Games of THE ULTIMATE-GUITAR GAMING FORCE
I really really suck hard on GH3, I almost failed 'The Number of the Beast' on easy...

All my friends laugh at me
I just need about $3.50
(<X.X)O=('.'Q)

I'm the motherflippin'
Quote by ViperScale

Heaven forbid they want to have a bit of fun. A large quantity of people in the pit seem highly against GH because "it's gay", "it's for retards", "it's a waste of time, they could learn real guitar instead!". Can you not stop to think that maybe they just want to play a fucking game? Guitar Hero is a fun game, something you play for a laugh. Of course, there are going to be people who play it a lot and become ridiculously good at it, but hey, who cares? I'm pretty sure they won't belittle you for spending all that money on a real guitar and equipment when all you have to do is buy a game with 5 buttons, right? I play both guitar hero and guitar. Why? Same reason everyone else does: because I want to.

On the subject of GH itself, I've finished expert with just over half the songs 5* and the rest 4*.

EDIT: I realise I'm a bit late with the rant. Oh well.
Quote by Felkara
Dude, you just made the most intelligent post in this entire thread. Congrats.
Im tired of this question Guitars and Guitar Hero have absolutley nothing in common at all. Its a video game so just leave it at that . Nobody ever said its supposed to help you play Guitar and People shouldn't assume Guitar Players will naturally be good at it because they are two totally diffrent things. Its a fun game and thats that don't assume it will benefit in anyway at all.
Quote by Myxer
I mean I know some really good guitarist. and they suck at a game that has 5 colored buttons come on do you suck. I ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

You forget that while you play guitar and practice for years, you play GH for some minutes.
Of course that you will suck in GH if you never played it.

Fact is:
Guitar Hero is a video game that has no connection to real guitar. If you can't understand that, then you deserve to work in the uranium mines of Siberia.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by ViperScale

dude, who cares if they play it. your so concerned about it,why?
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
I can do Hard level difficulty, but nothing above or below. The only song I'm really good at, though, is "Barracuda." :points to title: I don't play very much, though.

I don't mind the game. I don't see that it's infringing upon the integrity of the guitar - I know people who can do TTFAF the whole way through, but as soon as I get out a real guitar, they're like, "Dude... you're the fucking man."
i pretty much suck at that game
Quote by campbell92
Do you actually dance after each post you make?

...that would be so badass.

!!PanterA!!

Memeber #7 of the Altar Of Slayer!!
i suck at it. my friends are pretty alrite at it but they dont play guitar.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
I can do Hard and some Expert stuff and I haven't played it in like 6 months or more.....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
ya im pretty good at guitar hero
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
I'm a pretty good guitarist irl, but I also play Guitar Hero III. I'm pretty good at it too, I beat career mode on medium, then I did easy, then I did hard, and I'm almost done with Expert. I'm currently stuck on the solo in Cult of personality, but I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get past it. then I'll just have the last level!