Now, I've been wanting to do this for a while, and I got a rough estimate of how much my custom guitar would be, and it was in the 4,000 range. Well, I tried again, changing a few things around (if anything, the changes should have made it cost less) and the quote came out to be... $7,550.00. Does anyone know if there's a reason for the price hike? Does anyone think I should still do it?
Quote by sashki
It's handmade by friendly japanese people just for you.

If you wanna save cash, get a Ran custom instead, or build it yourself.

If I could, I definitely would. But aside from being inexperienced and coming from a place where nobody would have the experience to teach me, there's no room to build a guitar. I'll look into a Ran custom though (never heard of em before...)
Have you looked into Carvin?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Holy crap. What a rip off.

You could buy like 5 high end esp's for that damn price??!!
What were the specs?

IMO nothing beats a custom ESP. I've had the privilege of playing two of them, and the quality is absolutely amazing. Nothing else in the store even came close. So if you can afford one with specifications to your liking, I would definitely go for it.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
I would have a Custom Jackson over a Custom ESP. The Custom Shop for ESP they will do anything for you. They also don't forget parts of the spec sheet... They do cost a bit more though than a comparable Jackson but take shorter to build. They are NOT handmade however... nothing short of a Tom Anderson is anymore.
They automatically add $1000 for pretty much custom anything - inlays, shape, art, etc... And it probably won't cost that much. So that's likely a factor.
Dimebag is overrated. Sue me.
Man screw ESP custom shop.. just got with a smaller business that won't charge so much.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Quote by Slaiv
They automatically add $1000 for pretty much custom anything - inlays, shape, art, etc... And it probably won't cost that much. So that's likely a factor.

Right... they automatically assume you're doing something nuts. They actually handle it on a case-by-case basis
Yeah, that's another thing you have to keep in mind. The price you get is just an estimated quote from ESP. You need to take the spec sheet to an actual authorized dealer to get a more accurate quote, and I would imagine that quote would be a bit less than the one from ESP.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.