I think i have a picking problem, I have been playing for nearly a year now and i think i have developed a picking problem. When i alternate pick on the same string i can play fine but when i got to the next string i automatically downpick eg if i played 4 notes on one string and then moved up to the next id downpick, is this a problem and if so is there a way to fix this i hope it isnt too late
Quote by Massive Failure
I used to get nude and hump my stuffed animals, and one day my parents caught me. They were shocked, I had Winnie the Pooh in submission and I was ruthlessly humping him and moaning.
If you mean you go down, up, down, up, down, and then switch strings and down-pick again, i dont thik its a major problem. You can fix it, just practice not doing that, and think about it. After awhile, it should just go away.
thanks very much!
Quote by Massive Failure
I used to get nude and hump my stuffed animals, and one day my parents caught me. They were shocked, I had Winnie the Pooh in submission and I was ruthlessly humping him and moaning.
hey also try something like this to help you:

E-----------4--1-----
B----------------------
G-------3---------2----
D-----2-------------3--
A----------------------
E-1-------------------5

play it with strict alternate picking anywhere on the neck. It might help. I *think* this was a warm-up in John Petrucci's book.

EDIT: oh wait, I just realized something. If you're picking 4 times on one string, it's down, up, down, up, so you SHOULD be picking the adjacent string as a down pick. But I dunno if that's what you were asking.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Thanks very much!
Quote by Massive Failure