well i have a js1000 and various pedals (boss digi delay, boss dist, didgi whammy, morley wah ect) and i want a nice 50/100 valve head that is capable of alot. i play a huge range of songs from metallica to pink floyd and from srv to vai-ish kind of tones. so really i want versatility but more towards the high gain bluesy slash tones. i am looking at the laney gh50l and the marshall jcm900. any reasonable and helpful tips and suggestions are welcome.
thanks in advance!

EDIT : I HAVE A BUDGET OF LIKE £700 FOR THE HEAD AND LIKE 500 FOR A CAB.
Last edited by JoelTheShredder at Apr 11, 2008,
Mesa Road King II. It is epic rape. It kills so many amps.

EDIT: Your in England, so I dunno about the RK. If you truely have an unlimited budget though...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Jsx?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Jsx?

+1
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
Ibanez S470 DXQM
Boss DD-6
Dunlop Original Crybaby
5150? Mesa Roadking? OR a Used JCM800 thats what you need
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by JoelTheShredder
slightly out of my budget. is it?

i found a used jsx at a store near me for like 1000$ (canadian) so im pretty sure youll be able to find one somewhere for that price. And in no way are you gonna be able to find a mesa roadking for that.
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
Ibanez S470 DXQM
Boss DD-6
Dunlop Original Crybaby
He at first claimed that he had no budget, so I assumed that he could buy an amp with diamond encrusted Tolex. That is what happens when you say "No Budget"
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Used JSX, Used JCM800.. Used 1960a marshall cab.

You are willing to go used yes?
yes get a Laney you wont regret it!!

gh50l or if you want two individual channels and awesome cleans LC50-II (thats what im using atm)
you can also check out the Laney VH100R

i would not go mesa if i were you, i sure regretted it but thats just me....i just dont like the distinct "mesa" tone...

or you can get the carvin x100-b reissue ive been dying to hear one of those (vai used to use them), theyre great bang for your buck
my buddies got one of the vintage ones and the cleans are amazing

jcm800/900 dont have much of a clean channel btw
the JCM800 will work wonders for you The cleans arn't AMAZING there kind meh but you can get some nice ones out of it if you try
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
I'd reccomend seeking out a prostitute...

Wait, what's that?

We're NOT in the pit!?

Crap...

I think the JCM 800 should be what you're looking for
Jsx Ftw.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by FLCLcowdude
He at first claimed that he had no budget, so I assumed that he could buy an amp with diamond encrusted Tolex. That is what happens when you say "No Budget"

this is very true. sorry for the misleading budget. no diamonds for me
Quote by Moe.
Used JSX, Used JCM800.. Used 1960a marshall cab.

You are willing to go used yes?

yup. that defiantly a possible choice.
Laney VH100R

its the same as the GH50/100 but it has two seperate channels so you can get the versitility you need.
Quote by thellamaking
Laney VH100R

its the same as the GH50/100 but it has two seperate channels so you can get the versitility you need.

I don't know if the gain channel on the VH100R is the same as the GH50L because my cousin's VC50 sounds very different.
Quote by tombo32
I don't know if the gain channel on the VH100R is the same as the GH50L because my cousin's VC50 sounds very different.

I believe the VH's overdrive channel has slightly less gain, but they are in essence meant to be the same amp but with seperate channels i think
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...