I'm looking for a new amp because i can't get the tone i want out of my spider 22. I am really looking to nail John Mayer's tone. I also play alot of SRV, Clapton, BB King, and Hendrix. The amp can be between 800-900 dollars new, but i will probably look for something used on ebay for cheaper. I have a fender 2007 american stratocaster. I hope you can help!!

p.s i will probably look the amp on ebay for 450-500$ used. Just keep that in mind.
Last edited by zaffie8808 at Apr 11, 2008,
Fender Deville212. I have one since 2006. I also have a mexi strat, all standard stuff on that and it sounds AMAZING. NAILS mayer, Clapton pretty well. Perfect for Blues/Rock clean, or overdriven stuff. Awsome onboard reverb too. Buy this amp you will love it. no doubt!
fender deville, hotrod, one of those amps should be great

i just love the cleans the drive channel is ok when at a low setting, imho
if you want a bigger amp than id go with the crate flexwave halfstack that has a good sound for almost all kinds of music
Quote by lead-player
if you want a bigger amp than id go with the crate flexwave halfstack that has a good sound for almost all kinds of music

No, it hasn't.
Quote by zaffie8808
p.s i will probably look the amp on ebay for 450-500$ used. Just keep that in mind.

Look for an Ampeg, then. Great values on the used market. A Reverberocket or a Super Jet would suit you well. If your adventurous, so would a vintage Gemini.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
i agree with the fender suggestions i love mine, my tubes are near dead and it still sounds amazing, just imagine when i can change them!

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.