I've been playing for about a year now with no lessons and I was just wondering if I'm "where I should be" after about a year of playing. I post videos on youtube just because I feel that it makes me strive toward perfection...or something like that.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YrgFHFDLQ8c
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hvTRFrxS7QY
http://youtube.com/watch?v=XitMZvFGBVA
Also I have one original song on my UG profile.

How would you rate me as a guitarist?
Bought for a few pennies
Now you're all just empty
Fucking soulless machines
RIP YOU APART!!!

-All Shall Perish

First off, sweet guitar. Second, i don't like parkway drive, but thats a matter of opinion.

Not bad for only a year without lessons. However, just because you can look up tabs and learn to play a few songs doesn't mean your a good guitarist. Keep practicing, learn as much theory as possible. Learn to why you play what you play. Listen to all kinds of music and keep an open mind. Thats all I have to say.
"He can dance if he wants too, he can leave his friends behind..."

Quote by Tsucchi
Because nothing is sexier than a man with a mouth full of crayons.
Thanks, I've been trying to get into more theory, and i listen to EVERYTHING trust me on that haha
Bought for a few pennies
RIP YOU APART!!!

-All Shall Perish

Quote by Mr.McAwesom2112
Listen to all kinds of music and keep an open mind. Thats all I have to say.

Amen to that!
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

not bad...but id like to see you on some more challenging pieces to actually judge your playing lol.

your vibrato needs work.
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
Quote by SOADwannabe
Thanks, I've been trying to get into more theory, and i listen to EVERYTHING trust me on that haha

Any time buddy.
"He can dance if he wants too, he can leave his friends behind..."

Quote by Tsucchi
Because nothing is sexier than a man with a mouth full of crayons.
Quote by Atomic48
Stop anchoring with your pinky. That's baaaad.

Not really, no.

@wannabe, you're fine. I honestly think these threads are fail because people learn at different paces and it really depends on what you're going for and how much time you play. Anyway, keep up the good work and practice.
It appears as if he's actually applying pressure though. A gentle grazing of the pinky isn't bad but unless my eyes deceive me it looks like he puts good pressure on the body with his pinky. Not so much during slower picking sessions but during the tremolo picking portions. If he applies too much frequent tension it could lead to injuries.
D:
Signature.
nice playing, but work on the tone man, clean it up a little and use less distortion(unless that is how the first song actually sounds, never heard that song before)
Quote by The Minorthreat
how long do you practice everyday?

I play for hours every day, I'm playing atm actually...

And I'll work on not anchoring my pinky. Thanks alot guys, ok now I'll let this thread die for good...
Bought for a few pennies
RIP YOU APART!!!

-All Shall Perish