Poll: Guitars or Amps/Effects
Poll Options
View poll results: Guitars or Amps/Effects
Guitars
13 65%
Amps/Effects
7 35%
Voters: 20.
What do you prefer? I myself prefer making the more electronic side of things, building a guitar never really appealed to me.

Tell me what you prefer, with reasons.
lol@u
i have never done either really but electronics for some reason appeals to me a bit more.
Quote by Peradactyl
alright, off topic but how do i make forum posts

Quote by The_Paranoia
a4lrocker is an offical thread legend.
electronics appeal to me. Also because I seem to fail at doing anything by ear (my tuning skills are god-awful) I'm pretty decent with electronics, being good at soldering and having 3 projects under my belt.
I've build amps/fx so that's what I voted for. prefer it too.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
a nice guitar is nicer to play and well amps and effects are good but they can come later
Guitars are easier to make than electronics in my opinion (except for sawing the body and neck and making everything yourself).
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
^^ ...so, why is electronics harder?
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
I haven't fully built a guitar yet, both both appeal to me. I just really like working with my hands.
2004 Fender American HSS Strat
Hughes And Kettner Switchblade
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epi LP Classic
Epi G-400
Yamaha acoustic
Boss DD-3 Delay
B.Y.O.C. MXR Distortion+
Vox Wah
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
I wish I knew how to make effects and amps. I could have some real fun with that. I voted guitar though as that's more personal to me if you get what I'm saying. You hold it while you use it, every tiny modification you make can make it seem like a world of a difference to the player, you just get more attached to them than an amp.

Also you get to paint them and make them your own. There's some electrical stuff you can do too like wiring your own pickups if you know how to or putting in cool controls.