Page 1 of 2
If this should go in Bands / Artists let me know and I can move it.

Or...
delete it and then recreate it but whatever dude.

What is the most intense live show you have ever seen?

Last night I saw The Dillinger Escape Plan and I think that did it for me.

if you haven't heard

Of course that really doesn't even compare to actually being there,
though.

They are ****ing cool too.

My friends and I stayed after the show talking to them until the security kicked us out.
honestly. BLS was the most intense ive ever been at, Cannibal Corpse was amazing as well.
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
Quote by merfsullivan
Dillinger is ace! did they do Mouth Of Ghosts?

I don't know...
that doesn't sound familiar what album is it on?

I only have Miss Machine and Ire Works.

They did play a new song though which I think is amazing since they just came out with Ire Works.
Quote by superunknown
I don't know...
that doesn't sound familiar what album is it on?

I only have Miss Machine and Ire Works.

They did play a new song though which I think is amazing since they just came out with Ire Works.

It's the last song off of Ire Works. It's like six minutes long and starts slow then rocks.
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
Foo Fighters show when Rush showed up and played a song... mind blowing... still looking for pieces of my brain.
Amon Amarth. Nothing more to be said.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by merfsullivan
It's the last song off of Ire Works. It's like six minutes long and starts slow then rocks.

Ohhhh yeah!

But no they didn't.

Quote by Kyle.E
Ayye, Muse.

Oh man I want to see Muse.

The last time they came to Seattle though,
it was at this massive stadium versus the time before when they played in this theater (which I also missed ).

I would much rather see them in that sort of smaller atmosphere.
Last edited by superunknown at Apr 11, 2008,
yngwie. if you want intense go see a thrash band
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Out of the bands I've seen the most intense would be either Death From Above 1979, High on Fire, Mastodon or Brant Bjork and the Bros.

DFA79 was just insane - Seb wrapped the mic cable around his neck and just ran around and JFK detuned all the strings and just carried on playing...total noise but absolute genius and so much energy

HoF was just absolutely brutal and the solos were mindblowing.

Mastodon put on a seamless show. The third time I saw them was the best - played a few new songs but it was the classics like Mother Puncher and March of the Fire Ants that blew everyone away.

Brant Bjork was intense for different reasons - it was stupidly hot in this underground club and the band totally had the audience in the palms of their hands...they just jammed so hard and for so long it was a total mindfuck

Napalm Death deserve an honourable mention - their live show is best described as "obliteration"
saw the Chili Peppers last year in Nashville and it was incredible. Flea is my hero!!!
Quote by JC13
Definitely. I've seen plenty of huge shows, but nothing even compares to how great Amon Amarth is live.

When Johan grins that evilass grin of his, the world trembles.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
Amon Amarth. Nothing more to be said.

Yeah, those guys are amazing live.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Rob Zombie. They have so much energy on stage, by far my favorite live band!
Quote by WaggyPlank
so yeah, now i have poop floating around in my ballsack.
Alright, this isn't the 'most intense', but I went to a Smashmouth concert over the summer ( ) since it was cheap and outdoors.. and the entire show was a huge disaster except for the very end when they played All Star. Since the song was engraved, unintentionally for most people there, into everyone's heads, the entire crowd went wild and screaming

It was a good laugh.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Tool really did it for me, i was so blown away... i saw them 2.5 years ago and to this day still have dreams about that show
Probably first time I saw 'Tallica. That or Ozzy Osbourne, was pretty intense as I was standing front row and being crushed from all sides, having Ozzy pour water over us and then that prick Zakk Wylde spitting everywhere... eurgh
Jackson RR5
Epiphone LP Standard
Ibanez S370
Marshall JCM 800 4103 Combo
Roland Cube 60
I heard tool has some of the best live shows around today, but i heard when they came to Montana, Maynard wasn't too into it.

I'm still pissed, i was supposed to go to that show but my friend's parents threw away the tickets!
Quote by WaggyPlank
Quote by rickmeister
Probably first time I saw 'Tallica. That or Ozzy Osbourne, was pretty intense as I was standing front row and being crushed from all sides, having Ozzy pour water over us and then that prick Zakk Wylde spitting everywhere... eurgh

I saw ozzy with zombie last fall. Great show, but Ozzy's set didnt have much energy. They sounded incredible live, but i was disappointed with the stage presence. Though i'm sure front row would be a different story, and somewhere other than montana.
Bands don't seem to "bring it" when they come here, except for Zombie. He loved the crowd here.
Quote by WaggyPlank
ozzy osboune, best I've seen, although I think this concert I'll attend in may will top everything http://youtube.com/watch?v=_tgLdWCDWSw APOCALYPTICA FTW

EDIT: wait, ozzy is best I've seen, megadeth was ****ing intense
Quote by RPGoof
I feel dirty just reading that word. Grindcore... EW... I need a shower

Quote by stratkat
music is my meth equivalent
Tool and Machine Head gold moshing to both, i won't forget those nights.

Ozzy was kickarse but not really 'intense'.

Oh and Alexisonfire.
Gear:
Epiphone SG
H&K 100watt Stack
Ibanez Practice Amp
Takamine Acoustic.

TOOL
Last edited by thepatient001 at Apr 11, 2008,
Behemoth.
Hi

Quote by iceman95
Fiddler is a god!!!! omg that's a good movie
Quote by RiseAgainst
I saw ozzy with zombie last fall. Great show, but Ozzy's set didnt have much energy. They sounded incredible live, but i was disappointed with the stage presence. Though i'm sure front row would be a different story, and somewhere other than montana.
Bands don't seem to "bring it" when they come here, except for Zombie. He loved the crowd here.

You're right about stage presence, Ozzy was good but he didn't really do much other than shout "yehhhh" and clap his hands and get people singing along, the other band members didn't do much else, Zakk Wylde did some poses and spat that was it... it was still intense though, mostly cause it was front row, it was Ozzy ****in Osbourne and the crowd was wild.

I'd like to say Megadeth was intense but the gig finished at 9:15PM and was only just over an hour and 15 mins, was still awesome though.
Jackson RR5
Epiphone LP Standard
Ibanez S370
Marshall JCM 800 4103 Combo
Roland Cube 60
Quote by CoreysMonster
Tool really did it for me, i was so blown away... i saw them 2.5 years ago and to this day still have dreams about that show

Oh god yes. most amazing concert ever.
I decided I want to be more like the people on ug...

Searchbar!!!

That oughta do it.

Time for a supercool guitar demonstration by herman li,

Herman Li- why is this guitar so big?

Stage guy- because its a bass herman

Machine Head were amazing live! Best live band I've seen so far. They just get the crowd going so well, and there soud doesn't go really bad like some other bands do when they play live.

Even if you only just 'like' Machine Head I'd recomend that you see them atleast once live. Plus Phill Demmel gave me the horns and threw me a cocktail!
Quote by ImSiler99
saw the Chili Peppers last year in Nashville and it was incredible. Flea is my hero!!!

you too. it was pretty amazing
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
the first show i went to was a killswitch engage show, idk if i'll ever go to an more instense show. saosin and norma jean are pretty energetic though
The best thing about life is knowing you put it together
Page 1 of 2