Yes!
My Ibanez's trem is awful, I can't even use it properly anymore.
Don't do it.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
It's a fine unit until the pot metal knife edges wear out. The finishes on them are crap too. So yeah, it's good for about 3 months and breaks. Feels good, but just doesn't last. I had a hard time getting strings to stay and the saddles too, along with the tab on the back of the saddles being too short to use all it's intonation range.
They work fine after they're properly setup and the knife edges are lubricated, but after some extensive use it all goes down the drain. I've got an RG350DX that I modified a little bit that has an Edge III trem. Even after setting it up and lubricating the knife edges, it doesn't last long. It got to the point where I had to block the trem. I couldn't stand adjusting the bridge every week or so, plus it just doesn't stay in tune very well.

I'm primarily a lead guitarist. I'd have to mess with the guitar after every song. A few bends would throw the thing out of tune. I like the neck on my 350, which is the only reason I didn't sell the guitar. I should have blocked the trem a while ago.
Quote by Guitarmiester
They work fine after they're properly setup and the knife edges are lubricated, but after some extensive use it all goes down the drain. I've got an RG350DX that I modified a little bit that has an Edge III trem. Even after setting it up and lubricating the knife edges, it doesn't last long. It got to the point where I had to block the trem. I couldn't stand adjusting the bridge every week or so, plus it just doesn't stay in tune very well.

I'm primarily a lead guitarist. I'd have to mess with the guitar after every song. A few bends would throw the thing out of tune. I like the neck on my 350, which is the only reason I didn't sell the guitar. I should have blocked the trem a while ago.

Had the same issue and blocked it as well, also got the guitar for the same reason lol

But i ended up having a rg560 fall in my lap with a better trem and better neck so it was sold....
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Apr 11, 2008,
Quote by Yngwi3
Yes!
My Ibanez's trem is awful, I can't even use it properly anymore.
Don't do it.

Ditto.

I don't even use my RG350DX anymore. I am so keen to sell it.
I agree with everyone here, I got on in my RG350EX and it's complete garbage. I mean it's fine for light trem use but it holds its tuning as well as my non locked strat.
bad tuning. feels good for a while. i blocked. but i love my xiphos too much to rid myself of it
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Quote by Holy-Diver
bad tuning. feels good for a while. i blocked. but i love my xiphos too much to rid myself of it

I'm still scratching my head why they put those on the Xiphos. That was a deal breaker for me.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
i know. but it made them affordable, they woulda been upward of 1000 with any decent hardware
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
I had a RG350DX for about ten months; bought new. I only ever used the tremolo once or twice - never had a problem with the guitar staying in tune. It would actually stay in tune for months at a time.

I'd suggest just sticking with a fixed bridge model. I've got two and they're almost every bit as good as the fixed bridge Prestige guitars.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by Holy-Diver
i know. but it made them affordable, they woulda been upward of 1000 with any decent hardware

yeah, but still, I probably would have paid the extra if they had made it a prestige tbh. I like how they play and feel, and I like the look. Having owned an Edge III before however, I was not going there again.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
well, it is almost a prestige. i am gonna get an ofr when i get the money. and new tuners. that will make it yolked to be sure
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Quote by Holy-Diver
well, it is almost a prestige. i am gonna get an ofr when i get the money. and new tuners. that will make it yolked to be sure

that should be money. Doesn't that have a locking nut already though, does it really need tuners?
amp clips
amp vids
eh... yeah. they are shoddy. the g string tuner (no pun intended) always moves... it cricks and loses tension above the locking nut. sh*t
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Quote by Erock503
yeah, but still, I probably would have paid the extra if they had made it a prestige tbh. I like how they play and feel, and I like the look. Having owned an Edge III before however, I was not going there again.

Even the Xiphos with the extended range has an Edge III.
so is it just the recent Edge versions (II and III) that suck? cause im planning on getting an ibby with a sat pro II on it and im really worried.
Ibanez Tremolos:
Edge Original = Good
Lo Pro Edge = some people said it is BETTER Than an Original Floyd Rose
Edge Pro = Vai, Satriani, Paul Gilbert, Herman RI!!!, and some other Prestige owners use them
Edge ZERO Point = Its good from what ive heard
Edge III = PURE CRAP
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me