I had just a 512 and I added 1G of RAM (from kingston)

I'm sure the ram is compatable with my computer but its not showing up when i check my memory!

-I think I may need 2 1G ram so it matches the same memory to make em both work?

I honestly have no clue?

And help is greatly appreciated!!!
from what i remember yes they have to match
but for now, take out the 512 and use the 1g, go out and get another
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
Mine dont match and they work fine, I have a 512 and a 1gb. It's not the same on all computers though, the likelihood is you need matching ones.
Quote by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.

Bassist for Half My Kingdom.
Stick the RAM in different slots. Maybe it's not in the correct one. And make sure it's secured (latches down and everything).
It does not have to be the same. What you did was you probably put the smaller amount of RAM in the main slot and it will cause the larger one not recongnize. So make sure the 1 gig is in the first slot.
Quote by Hellish_Wolf
I can see it now, in a year we will have kids walking up to girls "Hey baby, my career score on guitar hero is over 3 mill, ooooooh yeeah"

IS THAT SYRUP IN YOUR PANTS OR ARE YOU JUST HAPPY TO SEE ME??!!
it depends on your motherboard, some require that in certain slots the RAM matches in clock speed, latency and size others don't

so take the 512mb out and put it in another slot if you have any, or if you don't just take it out and see if the computer registers the 1gb

Lol always wanted to bsut that one out
^This post was probably sarcastic

GO LEAFS GO

Chief Executive Officer of Music Games of THE ULTIMATE-GUITAR GAMING FORCE
Quote by Bun.Master
It does not have to be the same. What you did was you probably put the smaller amount of RAM in the main slot and it will cause the larger one not recongnize. So make sure the 1 gig is in the first slot.

well I'm only sure of where one RAM slot is. I think there is over to the right of it but it looks impossible to get to the second slot. (I'm no expert on this at all) *obviously* ha...

btw I have a satellite m-105-s1021 notebook.

thanks for the help so far...I hope they dont have to match.

EDIT:: ***MY NOTEBOOK CAN HAVE A MAX OF 2G***
Last edited by ILoveGuitar07 at Apr 11, 2008,
Check the specs of your computer, if it has dual channel ram support, then just make sure that the largest ram is in the first slot, if not, it's never going to work, just take the 512 ram card out.
okay ive got everything figured out But one thing!

- I just have to switch the ram spots!

-Where is the other slot??????
Well just put the 1 gig in the slot of the 512. If that is the orginal slot the 512 was in then it should be the first one and the 1 gig should go there and the 512 beside it.
Quote by Hellish_Wolf
I can see it now, in a year we will have kids walking up to girls "Hey baby, my career score on guitar hero is over 3 mill, ooooooh yeeah"

There is at least 2 slots, but only one may be easily accesible unfortunately, depending on the laptop.
Quote by Hellish_Wolf

Quote by Bun.Master
There is at least 2 slots, but only one may be easily accesible unfortunately, depending on the laptop.

makes sense in my case.

I'm going to try and find the other 512 stick and switch it with the 1G!

I hope that works!!!

-If anyone has any tips to getting to the other stick port let me know!!

-You've all been a big help so far...i appreciate it!!
You probably didn't put it in all the way.
Make sure it is completely in with nothing sticking out or moving around.

Maybe you got DDR when you needed DDR2.

But if you already opened it.. You're screwed. lol