Ok so i want to buy a new amp, preferably a tube amp, with lots of sustain, a warm sound and there's really no price limit ill be making a lot of cash this summer, all suggestions welcome!!
98% of people have read that stupid 98% teens and alcohol sig, put this in your sig if you like getting hammered.

Thats it.
Whats your budget, I think that is the most important criteria to be looking at before buying anything, plus your styles like the guy already asked? So feed us the knowledge!!
oh yah lol, mostly Classic rock, stuff like rush, led zep, van halen.and actually almost all classic rock, and and some heavy blues. Not too much metal, so that type of distortion isn't required, but welcome.
98% of people have read that stupid 98% teens and alcohol sig, put this in your sig if you like getting hammered.

Thats it.
Quote by freebird_17
oh yah lol, mostly Classic rock, stuff like rush, led zep, van halen.and actually almost all classic rock, and and some heavy blues. Not too much metal, so that type of distortion isn't required, but welcome.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Marshall-1987XL-1960AX-and-1960BX-Full-Stack?sku=482739

If you're serious about the whole "no price range" thing. Otherwise, I'd look at some Ceriatone clones.
My Vox AD30VT is great. You can ommit so many different worthy tones out of it. But if you want the real deal then I'd suggest an Orange or Hughes&Kettner. I've never heard a bad comment on any of their equipment.
what do u think of the EVH peavey 5150 III

Thats it.
hmm. yah a marshall would be nice. what do u think i could get for around 1500-2500, and would you recommend buying used?

Thats it.
Quote by freebird_17

You can get a 5150 for a lot less.
im actually a n00b when it comes to marshalls

what kind of marshalls would you recommend to me besides the ones mentioned above?

Thats it.
how much less are half stacks, because, you can always get another cab later right?
like 1k usually?

Thats it.
If you can find a Marshall JCM halfstack for 1k, your doing pretty good.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Quote by freebird_17

I actually liked it alot out of the 6 amps i tested at GC. Its versatile as hell and its pretty heavy and still clear at the same time. It sounds nothing like the old 5150's other then the fact its got a touch of that modern voicing, other then that this is a whole new monster.
well, if you like rush, (as doi i) maybe try out a hughes and kettner switchblade like alex lifeson uses? i dunno though, i havent played it.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Marshall 1987XL Head and 1960TV Cab Half Stack ???? what bout that

Thats it.
Quote by marvelboy_04
well, if you like rush, (as doi i) maybe try out a hughes and kettner switchblade like alex lifeson uses? i dunno though, i havent played it.

He uses a signature Triamp MK II.
what, like a 100 watt marshall plexi? it would get the tone youre looking for probably, but seriously, that would likely be WAY,WAY too loud. well, if youre not on a budget, i havent played it but ive wanted to try a thd flexi 50 amp, which is supposed to be marshallish, i think.

Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
He uses a signature Triamp MK II.

really? i thought it said on that hughes and kettner advertisement he used the switchblade.
yeah, i just checked wikipedia, it says he used both the triamp and switchblade on the last tour.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Last edited by marvelboy_04 at Apr 11, 2008,
lol
a 50 watt...... that would be perfect eh?
and lifeson used marshalls in the earlier days, ive seen vids

EDIT: the 1987XL is a 50 watt btw

Thats it.
Last edited by freebird_17 at Apr 11, 2008,
yah so im seriously looking at the 1987XL with the 1960 TV half stack.
is there anything special i should know about buying amps, or about marshall amps in specific?

Thats it.
Well I would say an egnatour tourmaster it has 4 dieferently voiced channels for clean low gain med gain and high gain and also has power switches for 10, 20, 25, 40, 50 , 75, and 100 tube watts and an effects loop all for around $1400 no cab included or $1600 combo cab is $700 I think.
Amp-5150 Block Letter

Cab-Recto 4x12

Guitar-Jackson DKMG

Pedals-to many to name
thanks for the input
does anybody know anyhting about the Basson Cabs?
ive heard lots and they look AmAZING

Thats it.
i think that an orange rockereverb 50 would own the marshall 1987 for value sound and versatility
ya i have have actually been debating either the 87XL and the rockerverb 50. What are the pros of the rockerverb