Hey, when I play I can use the tip of my pick to play the strings but the lower ones are significantly louder than the high ones. Basically the wound strings are lound than the others.
I get this problem when I play my piece of crap Squire Affinity Stratocaster. The humbucker sounds like crap so I use the other ones. I've ajusted them before, I've even had the bass side flush to the body and the treble side as high as it would go...no luck. It's come to a point where playing guitar just isn't fun anymore because I really can't tell if it's me or the pickups. So I was wondering, is it the pickups?
If ur ears aint ringin...ur doin it wrong

Have you checked your amp settings? Maybe they're screwed up.
What amp are you playing out of?
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
What amp...HA! once again...piece of junk...Marshall MG10
If ur ears aint ringin...ur doin it wrong

It could be your pickups, but the sound of that guitar in general isn't what it could be. I never did like the sound of that guitar, so I suggest buying either better pickups and if that doesn't work....a new guitar. The sound you get comes more from the amp than the guitar.

The other thing it could be is your amp. Amps that are less that 25w & 50w usually don't get clear tones(unless its a microcube). I suggest taking your guitar with you to a Guitar Center or local shop and trying it out on different amps.
well idk the ive heard that bringing your pick-ups closer to the strings makes em louder..but tone wise (im sure it effect somthing) i havent really noticed the diffrence
Quote by Sdooper_Man
Amps that are less that 25w & 50w usually don't get clear tones(unless its a microcube).

What? Vox DA5 is just as good as a microcube. And what about 15 watt tube amps?