This is my last post about my guitar purchase decision.

Its between. the ESP LTD M-1000 or an Ibanez S470 DXQM Blue Moon Quilt with Seymour Duncan Blackouts which I will purchase seperate.

ESP LTD M-1000:

http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?itemid=56950&sourcetype=singleitemsearch

Ibanez S470 DXQm

http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?itemid=61212&sourcetype=singleitemsearch
Jackson!!!!!!!!!!
Gear:
Jackson DKMG
Yamaha Acoustic
Knockoff Strat
Vox AD30VT
Boss MT-2
Crybaby wah
Boss DD-3

The Ultra Balls. Throw them.

Member of the ANTI-IBANEZ MILITIA!
Quote by METAL MILITIA1
damn they both look great have you played both of them yet?

I have played both they are both great but the S comes with not so great stock pickups so I would have the blackouts put in.
I prefer the Ibanez. I've never been wowed by ESP's, but then again I was never wowed much more by Ibanez. The Ibanez is cooler looking anyways.

I prefer your addition of the Seymour Duncans as well. EMG's only seem to excell at high output distorted sounds while the Duncans can cope with any styles. Changing pickups can give a guitar character, and can improve resale sometimes as well. But it also can be risky, it may not sound that impressive. And until you actually go ahead with it, theres no way of knowing.
Last edited by AngryGoldfish at Apr 11, 2008,
ESP. I love Ibanez but the S series and the ZR...
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
Why did you make another thread?

Like I said before, they are both great and it will mostly come down to personal preference. I would get the M-1000 because of the OFR, already awesome stock pickups, and my somewhat biased love for ESP.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by mafropetee
Why did you make another thread?

Like I said before, they are both great and it will mostly come down to personal preference. I would get the M-1000 because of the OFR, already awesome stock pickups, and my somewhat biased love for ESP.

I am just trying to make the best decision.
The M1000 is amazing man. For the price it beats out the Ibanez. I have the M-1000 and traded in my Ibanez to fund it. I would gladly by another M1000 too.

I'm getting an MII though :-D.
I've noodled a bit on both, and I'd be delighted with either one. I prefer the EMG pickups and I prefer the ZR trem, but neither one by enough to matter.
the esp will not be very versatile though since its has actives. also jackson are a higher quality than esp's check out those first(esp/ltd is basically a bad jackson)
Quote by ironman1478
the esp will not be very versatile though since its has actives. also jackson are a higher quality than esp's check out those first(esp/ltd is basically a bad jackson)

What the hell is with people bashing LTD and ESP? I swear that the people bashing them have never played the 1000 series LTD and actual ESP line.
Quote by ironman1478

Opinions, opinions. And mine is that any LTD from the 400 series and up will beat out any similarly priced Jackson.
Quote by mafropetee
Opinions, opinions. And mine is that any LTD from the 400 series and up will beat out any similarly priced Jackson.

Have my babies.
Quote by robsayswhat
What the hell is with people bashing LTD and ESP? I swear that the people bashing them have never played the 1000 series LTD and actual ESP line.

the actual esp is like a copy of the soloist line with a different headstock and neck, but that is about it. esp has never come up with anything original or out of the box(except the eclipse line which i actually like)
I've played quite a few Jacksons and quite a few LTDs/ESPs, and I'd say the quality control is better on the ESPs.

PLus, Jackson should have better quality of I have to pay $300 more to have the name on the headstock.
depends what you played. everything from the pro series and beyond has great quality, you must have gotten a bad apple or two.
Quote by ironman1478
the actual esp is like a copy of the soloist line with a different headstock and neck, but that is about it. esp has never come up with anything original or out of the box(except the eclipse line which i actually like)

That's the stupidest argument I've ever heard. The Les Paul and Superstrat designs have been around for a lot longer than Jackson has been a company. Based on your statement, you could say that every guitar manufacturer that isn't Gibson or Fender does exactly what you are accusing ESP of doing. And of course they have original ideas. The AX and F series? Those are pretty darn original, buddy. I know they are still similar to other guitars, but you try coming up with a completely original guitar design when most of the ones that work have already been made. And if it works, why change it? Geez!

/rant
Go for the LTD M1000. You will never regret it. The M1000 is Neck Thru (more sustain) with Alder/Flame Maple top (Bright sound) Extra Thin U neck (As thin as a Wizard), Active Pickups (Higher Output), Grover Tuners (Tuning Stability) and Flame Maple top, See Thru Black finish, and white/abalone Binding and Inlays (****IN SEXXAY!). If i was to get ANY LTD guitar, It would be that one. Or one of the Signature Series.
I've got both an M-1000 (sig for pics ^^), and an Ibanez RGT42DX.
Overall, I really prefer the M-1000. It's quite a bit more expensive than my Ibanez, but still.
The LTD feels really solid built, details are very nice and it sounds marvelous (if you like EMG's, obviously, but that counts for every guitar)

I haven't played a ZR-trem yet, but according to what I read, it was actually quite decent. However, the Ibanez 'only' has 22 frets, so if you're one of the shredz0r-guys or simply need the 2 extra frets...

I wouldn't, however, hesitate in buying the M-1000. The neck feels a little beefier than my Ibanez (Wizard II I think), but I like it more actually. It's not too thick (as in Gibson-ish), but feels sturdier than an Ibanez.

Grtz
SanderD