I'm at least fairly certain this should be in here....

Anyone a fan? Involves Mark Lanegan (Screaming Trees/QOTSA) and Greg Dulli (Afghan Whigs) for those that are interested.

Managed to catch them live a few days ago and they were really impressive.
I just love Lanegan's voice.
Alone in a Godless universe, and out of Shake'n'Vac
I had never heard of them and was absolutely blown away with Saturnalia
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by Love_Buzz
The album is amazing. I would love to see them live since I'm a huge Lanegan fan.

They put on a really great show. Don't think I've ever seen such a contrast between frontmen, though. Mark looked like he would fall over if he let go of the mic stand at any point, poor thing.
A well deserverd bump.

I loved Saturnalia. It's one of my favourite albums of all time. It's a shame they're not more well known. I'm a huge fan of Lanegans and Dullis own stuff too. I've even got a tattoo of a concert poster of Lanegans. .
The Gutter Twins will be one of musical guests on Later With Jools Holland during their LIVE broadcast April 29th on BBC2 at 10:00PM. The band will share the stage with James, Mable John, Operator Please, Pentangle and Melody Gardot. The full show will then air on Friday May 2nd at 11:35PM on BBC2 as well.
Ooh, that should be interesting. Wonder what songs they'll play *ponder*
Idle Hands on the live show, hopefully they'll show another of the extended version on Friday.
They sounded really decent, I thought. Possibly better than when I saw them, though I think Jools is a bit of a better venue than academy 3.
Quote by perry589
^ Yeah. They're playing Idle Hands atm.

Hot lady singing along in audience is proof they're awesome.

Edit: 13 mins left and they haven't played another song.
Last edited by red157 at May 2, 2008,
They just played God's Children. Pretty awesome.

Hate how there's more chat on the show, or else they could have played a 3rd song.
It's gonna be a blue day
If I had known who was in the band before watching that last track on Jools I probably would've enjoyed it, but having watched it with no prior knowledge of the Gutter Twins name I have to say that last song was ****. I feel really bad saying that about a Lanegan/Dulli collaboration, but that really wasn't worth watching. Part of my disinterest in the song was the fact there were 7 of them playing a track that needed four - although that's arguably better than The Ting Tings (a two piece) on Jonathan Ross playing a track that involved at least 5 people (played to a backing track).
Really didn't enjoy their song near the end much though, which now is a bit upsetting.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
I was planning to see the Gutter Twins in London but ended up stuck at home due to illness...saw Lanegan twice last summer though. The guy is amazing. Gutter Twins is alright, but far from his best collaboration.
Quote by smb
I was planning to see the Gutter Twins in London but ended up stuck at home due to illness...saw Lanegan twice last summer though. The guy is amazing. Gutter Twins is alright, but far from his best collaboration.

Not his best work but still fairly decent I think. Planning on seeing him in June with Isobel Campbell, anyway.

Quote by Andrewbiles
If I had known who was in the band before watching that last track on Jools I probably would've enjoyed it, but having watched it with no prior knowledge of the Gutter Twins name I have to say that last song was ****. I feel really bad saying that about a Lanegan/Dulli collaboration, but that really wasn't worth watching. Part of my disinterest in the song was the fact there were 7 of them playing a track that needed four - although that's arguably better than The Ting Tings (a two piece) on Jonathan Ross playing a track that involved at least 5 people (played to a backing track).
Really didn't enjoy their song near the end much though, which now is a bit upsetting.

Really? I think God's Children is one of the better tracks off the album :/ Didn't manage to watch it on Jools so I don't know how it compares live.

Though I did notice that Jools didn't attempt to talk to any of the band. Probably wise, that
Quote by Naivety Play
Not his best work but still fairly decent I think. Planning on seeing him in June with Isobel Campbell, anyway.

Really? I think God's Children is one of the better tracks off the album :/ Didn't manage to watch it on Jools so I don't know how it compares live.

Though I did notice that Jools didn't attempt to talk to any of the band. Probably wise, that

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=isYjlee-THs
God's Children on Jools.
First reaction to the Gutter Twins:

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO MARK LANEGANS FACE?

Second reaction to the Gutter Twins:

HOW FUCKING GOOD IS THIS?

Dark, gritty, but there's some kind of murky, anthemic grandiose to it.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by Love_Buzz

Ooh, you're a helpful little thing

EDIT: Eesh, that wasn't great.

Quote by Caustic

First reaction to the Gutter Twins:

WHAT THE **** HAPPENED TO MARK LANEGANS FACE?

Drugs, I'd imagine. I can't help but feel that, if you discount the face, he sort of looks like a Black Books era Dylan Moran. Or is that just me?
Last edited by Naivety Play at May 11, 2008,
From what I remember from seeing them, it was nowhere near as good on Jools. :/
Quote by Naivety Play
Ooh, you're a helpful little thing

EDIT: Eesh, that wasn't great.

Drugs, I'd imagine. I can't help but feel that, if you discount the face, he sort of looks like a Black Books era Dylan Moran. Or is that just me?

And he was ill for a long time last year, i think. His hair was a bit like Dylan's too.
It's gonna be a blue day
Thank you so much for making this thread. I'm a Nirvana turned Foo Fighters turned QOTSA turned Screamign Trees turned Lanegan fan, so when i realised The guy from the Afghan Whigs (whom i knew off Foo's first album) was on it, so it sounded good.

It was really good. I'm happy I found this thread 'cos the rest of the internet seems to care little for them. I'd lvoe them to do some Afghan or Screaming trees numbers live, y'think?

Also seeing them in August, in the liveprool academy.

And Mark Lanegen is one badd-ass, hes liek 8 ft tall covered in tatoos and sings like hes chewing bricks.
Lanegan was on the Culture Show with Isobel Campbell this week - He was looking more his old self than when he was on Jools Holland and he completely ignored the presenter Lauren Laverne...typical Lanegan
Quote by smb
Lanegan was on the Culture Show with Isobel Campbell this week - He was looking more his old self than when he was on Jools Holland and he completely ignored the presenter Lauren Laverne...typical Lanegan

He also sounded incredible.

Both still looked as uncomfortable as they did promoting the last album.
Quote by smb

Lauren Laverne is worth ignoring, what a pain she is!

Still not a fan of that album Lanegan and Campbell did together, I don't think they match up as well as they had hoped.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by Andrewbiles
Still not a fan of that album Lanegan and Campbell did together, I don't think they match up as well as they had hoped.
Which one? There's a second one out now. The first one is better, but the songs really came alive when I saw them.
i liked idle hands better than gods children, Lanegans voice was too drowned out
idle hands is my favorite off the cd...Marks one of my favorite vocalists along with Josh Homme and Elliott Smith
Gear:

Ibanez Artcore TXD (Semihollow)
Fender Tele
Line 6 Spider II 2x12
Squier P-bass
Cubase LE
Tascam us122l
MXL mic

favorite band:Raconteurs/QOTSA

LOOKING FOR A GRETSCH!!!! PM ME IF YOU WANT TO SELL OR TRADE YOURS!!!!!