Page 1 of 2
A long story but if you can be bothered to read this it will reduce your boredom for the next couple of minutes. I agree this is a 'wall of text' but it's a long story.

So, I get a call from a friend who has been skating for the day telling me he has found a friendly lost dog.

The dog had come charging toward him, scaring him slightly due to the fact it was a staffordshire bull terrier a breed with a reputation (with which i do not agree) for being aggressive.

The dog had followed him back to his house and he was keeping it there. After numerous attempts to call the number on its collar my friend called the RSPCA which was also unsuccessful as he was put through to an answering machine.

I told my mum what had happened and she suggested putting the dog on a lead and letting it take us to its home.

So I picked up a dog lead from my cupboard and started toward my friend's house. On the way i see two boys who i recognise from school who ask me, "Are you missing a dog?". I reply, "No, but someone is and its in my friend's kitchen" I then told them what we planned to do and they agreed it was a good idea.

So I get to my friends house to be greeted by a playful female dog with a beautiful brindle coat. We hooked it up to the lead and started to walk and let the dog take us along. It proceeded to walk up to a house but the owner of the house told us it wasn't their dog.

We then carried on walking and passed the same two boys who were now accompanied by a third. The third boy then greeted the dog with the name of "roxy" and insisted it was his aunt's. After some convincing we then let him go with the dog. But then after further thought we realised that it had said "Tina" on the dog's collar. I walked after the boys and my friend went to get his dad to get the dog back from the boys as we wouldn't have been able to ourselves. When I caught up with the boys they were now with about 4 or 5 others.

I walked up to the gang of 8 youths and insisted they give me my dog lead back. They refused saying they needed it otherwise they couldn't hold the dog to get it home. I told them i would walk back to the aunt's house with them to return the dog and get my lead back.

At this point the third boy to appear became aggresive and started towards me with the intention to give me a kicking if i didn't leave them with the dog. I attempted to reason with him but we all no you can't reason with an asshole like this one. I didn't meet his demands and was probably about to take a punch when i hear the sound of a diesel engine coming from behind the boy.

I look over his shoulder to see my friend and his dad in their land rover speeding toward us. My assailant moved swiftly out the way and my friend's dad got hold of the dog and we put it in the van. One of the new group of boys to appear then told us the Dog's name was Armani and belonged to a person named "Kush". (We still thought the dog's name was Tina at this point but i'll come back to that.)

We told the boy if he knew where the owner lived they could hop in the back of the pickup and show us where, as he was an acquaintance (no more) of me and my friend. He refused so we set off to the local shops to ask people if they knew the dog.

Noone at the shops recognised the pooch. We then received a call from my friend's mum saying the owner of the dog was at the park. We drove back to the park and met a man who owned the dog. He recognised my friend's dad, who is a builder, instantly and told us he was a delivery driver from the local builder's merchant's. It turn's out that 'Kush' was the man's son and the dog was called armani. However the name 'Tina' was the name of the dude's wife.

So the dog was saved.

I don't know what came over me before confronting the group and it was probably a bad move because i could have ended up with a broken jaw (or worse).

But obviously my love of dogs got the better of me.

Thiking about it in retrospect, these dog's are trendy for wannabe gangsters to walk to intimidate people and the third boy was probably going to try to sell the dog. The likelihood is this would have resulted in the dog being traded for cash. This would have meant the first time the dog fell ill, the owner's name in the dog's microchip wouldn't have matched up with the new owner and it probably would have been dumped and died.

If you've read this far i commend you.
Private guitar lessons available in West London, UK with an experienced and qualified tutor. Most subjects/styles covered. PM me for more information.
I read it, and i got COMMENDED!!!!
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
I read it all

some people are very ****ed up, dogs don't take too kindly to new owners, when we went away for a week and handed our dog to my cousin my dog just tried to attack them.
Oh dear, all that for a dog?

Well... good job.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Read all of it, nice work my friend.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Rocking-Rob
I read it all

some people are very ****ed up, dogs don't take too kindly to new owners, when we went away for a week and handed our dog to my cousin my dog just tried to attack them.

Agreed. I wasn't bothered so much about it getting a new owner but it was just extremely likely they would be a bad owner and the dog would end up dead before much longer.

However it seemed quite young and would have probably adapted.

Quote by Kensai

Well... good job.

Yeah i know. Worst case scenario could have got myself stabbed or something but the dog's safe now.
Private guitar lessons available in West London, UK with an experienced and qualified tutor. Most subjects/styles covered. PM me for more information.
you did a good job.

you we're also lucky your friend's dad got there just in time, but mostly you did a good job.
Cool story, sounds like something that would happen in an episode of Recess.
Jackson RR5
Epiphone LP Standard
Ibanez S370
Marshall JCM 800 4103 Combo
Roland Cube 60
@ g1asseye... I salute you. I ended up with a Staffy cos of tossers similar to as you describe. Unfortunatley they are, as you say, a fashion item and get sold from pillar to post or sold for fighting....

Bastards... every single one of them.

Anyway, that asides, you did a good job and should be proud of yourself
[
Good job, man.

Quote by Vulg4r
Tldr

Are you actually sitting at your computer feeling a sense of pride about that post?

You do realise it just makes you look like an illiterate moron, right?

I know all your buddies over at 4chan do it, but you're on UG now, where educated folk live. If you haven't read it, you're not entitled to an opinion on it.

Now, kindly fuck off.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by Smokey Amp
Good job, man.

Are you actually sitting at your computer feeling a sense of pride about that post?

I know all your buddies over at 4chan do it, but you're on UG now, where educated folk live. If you haven't read it, you're not entitled to an opinion on it.

Now, kindly fuck off.

Come again?

and nice job threadstarter.
Good job, I would've fought one of em for a dog :P
Quote by saxaxe
YESI love you.

Quote by Wulphy
Ever stuck their finger in their ass, just to see what it was like? I did

Quote by thewho65
My sister has a big ass
Quote by IronNecrosis
Good job, I would've fought one of em for a dog :P

I probably woulda got my ass kicked.
Great job man, it's nice to see cool people like you are still around. I'd take on a group of assholes for that dog, sure as hell would. Even if I would get owned, I'd swing a few punches.
All your base are belong to us.
Great story.

I agree, you did a nice thing for that dog. It's nice and safe now.

Quote by mh400nt
Me too man, I cant remember ever actually laughing out loud for ages due to the internet, omegasus is just....hes just awesome

Quote by Smokey Amp
I'm pretty sure guys don't get breast cancer.
Amazing job, since i'm a dog lover i would have done the same thing and try to protect it like you did.
Quote by Smokey Amp
Good job, man.

Now, kindly fuck off.

yeah.....no
Quote by Masamune
Come again?

Pfft, I give you guys some credit and you throw it back in my face.

Quote by Themann810
yeah.....no

Clearly.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Last edited by Smokey Amp at Apr 11, 2008,
Pitbulls for the win! I own a female blue brindle/white mix, whose actual name is Roxy.

Quote by eXperiment63
Pitbulls for the win! I own a female blue brindle/white mix, whose actual name is Roxy.

Lol not a great pic but yeah i love small strong dogs like these. They're so misunderstood though. People don't get that pits can be aggressive if they're trained to be. If they're trained well and reprimanded when they do wrong they become amazing pets and are a joy to be around.

I wish i could own a dog but parents work so noone to look after it. But, there's a lady down the road who's got Herby, the coolest staffy ever which i walk for her for free just cos i enjoy it. I get strange looks when people ask me "do you get paid for walking it?" and i tell them i don't.

I think he's the reason i did all i did yesterday because if he was lost i would sincerely hope someone else would do the same for Herby.
Last edited by g1asseye at Apr 11, 2008,
Probably one of the most moving things ive seen in the pit.
KUDOS
I ѦM i₪saǃ₪∑ ѧӣԂ ӋѳỰ aRᴲ my i₪sA₪!TӋיִיִיִ
What im up to:
Reading:State of Fear Listening: RA DIOHEA_D
Watching: teh weather
Quote by eXperiment63

Is she... pink? I have an awesome corgey (sp?) named Sadie. She's the most spoiled pup in the world. If she doesn't like what we're having my dad will cook an entirely seperate meal for her. Dogs rock. TS, you did the right thing.
Quote by Kensai

Well... good job.

I'd do that for my dog or another person's dog. I wouldn't want some assholes to get a dog that isn't theirs.
Awesome story Read the whole thing but why would you give it to a bunch of guys just because they said they own it.
very noble of you. who knows what could have happened to the dog if you'd let it go. kudos to you sir.
You are not a slave...
Quote by bob-thebuilder
Is she... pink?

Yes, her snout is pink. When she gets really hot or tired from running it gets like a bright red like Rudolph, haha.
Quote by eXperiment63
Yes, her snout is pink. When she gets really hot or tired from running it gets like a bright red like Rudolph, haha.

Sounds awesome. Post some more pics if you can, not meaning to go off topic.

I actually helped another dog get back to its owner today. Passed some people in the street holding a little toy kinda dog (not sure what breed) and seconds later i was approached by a man looking for the dog so i pointed him in the direction of the people with it.

You guys probably think i go looking for dogs to save .
Good job ts
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Page 1 of 2