so i was ****ing around today, just going crazy and thrashing about everyhwere in band practice and kicking chairs and music stands down etc... and then i flipped my guitar onto my neck and started to play it like this. I found that I could play fairly well, as I could hear the pitches almost perfectly (to a half step were my only mistakes) and only occasionally did i miss a fret. My probem was with my picking hand and how to balance it, because how i did it hurt like a bitch and was wrong (at least from the videos i've seen.)

does anyone have any experience playing behind your back/on your neck? help would be appreciated.
yes on guitar hero im pro at it lol
past that no i dont have experience except ive hear its much easier than it looks????
not sure if thats true
Quote by andy_thomas
Were you by any chance, exposing your scrotum to an open flame?
I've done it with my PRS, and it was a bitch to get that thing up there.

I don't think there's a 'wrong' way to do this, dude. It's not really a strict technique.

I just anchor my hand to the bridge.
actually is a very easy thing if you can play withouth looking
i can do it
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
ive tried that before. i played the solo for Rock and Roll All Nite behind my head. my only problem is the amount of time it takes to get the guitar and and down from my head
Quote by campbell92
Do you actually dance after each post you make?

...that would be so badass.

!!PanterA!!

Memeber #7 of the Altar Of Slayer!!
ya i sorta ****ed everything up that was going so well wen i brought it back down, it took way to long for me to recover and get back into a proper playing position. I sort of balanced the curvy part of the les pauls body on my shoulder, as that seemed the least painful, and let the fretboard cross my neck.
ive been playin for just over a yea and i can play the fast solo for master of puppets behind my head
Quote by Shadow_Hawk
ya i sorta ****ed everything up that was going so well wen i brought it back down, it took way to long for me to recover and get back into a proper playing position. I sort of balanced the curvy part of the les pauls body on my shoulder, as that seemed the least painful, and let the fretboard cross my neck.

There's your problem. Les Pauls are really heavy. Most are 10lb, I think.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
well a kid at our talent show ( i was in it along with nemesis260)
did it and we beat him so. whats that tell you?
(Foxey Lady)
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Artist
IbanezGXR20
Line 6 Spider ll 75
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Nano Small Stone
Alvarez FF60WR

Labyrinth Within
Quote by metallica 666
ive been playin for just over a yea and i can play the fast solo for master of puppets behind my head

Bull ****ing ****, I would love to see you rip that whammy bar up behind your ****ing head...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls