What are you looking for in these amps? The wattage of them? The versatility? What?
They both essentially suck. More wattage will not accommodate for your inferior penis size. Sorry, but its true.

What styles are you playing, and what's you're price range?
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
crates are garbage
Gear
-----------
LTD M-1000 (soon)
LTD EC-400
LTD F-50
Spider II 112
crete sucks ass, please go with marshall or fender ohh vintage tube amp is your best bet
ok i asked ur opinions on which amp is better and watnot; im not looking to be f***ing ripped on if u think u can find a better amp for the price then show me; my budget is like under $300 so i aint got much to work with and i need the versatility that these amps provide; needed an amp that could do a lil more than jus practice with it too
^ yup those two amps right there.
Just go to the store and try them out, the CrateV16 you might find a little easier to use, and there both hella loud for 15 watts. There both great amps its just ah matter of your personal refrence. And if your looking for more than just practice they both got you covered. I know 15 watts sound small but when its in tube power its alot, just as loud as a 50 watt SS.
Last edited by the-kidR44 at Apr 12, 2008,
ite thank ya ppl so would ya say that a 30w roland cube or 30w vox valvetronix would be a good all around amp for anything up through small gigs maybe? cuz those r both in my budget range and ive been checking em out
Quote by zegreatdane
ite thank ya ppl so would ya say that a 30w roland cube or 30w vox valvetronix would be a good all around amp for anything up through small gigs maybe? cuz those r both in my budget range and ive been checking em out

Between those to, I'd take the Vox. I had the AD30VT and it's among the best affordable modeling amps around.
Your mom sucks, once she realized that Crate makes some very solid amps.

*roll eyes.

TS, the amps you're looking at will be great for a few months, but you'll tire of them. That being said, the $200 one isn't a bad deal, it just won't be the best sounding amp around.

Everyone else, SS amps won't clip harshly at useable volume if they have 120 watts of headroom. Might be a fine, cheap pracice/jam amp for someone not really ready to step up to tubes.
i doubt many people have played the second amp you have listed there. My friend had a smaller one that i used to screw around with, and before i got my tube amp i tried out the bigger models. They're not bad amps for that price range. they are a little harsh sounding, while the vox ad series is smoother. Honestly, if i need a really small practice amp (not tube), id get a smaller version of the amp you posted second. they sound suprisingly good (for ss). of course, tube is your best bet. always look used too
Well when you got the fender champ XD in the same price range as the Valvetronix and the Cube i say go for the XD its a much, much better amp.
cant believe no one asked this yet.

what type of music do you play man? the voicing and gain levels of amps are crucial to your playing style.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by the-kidR44
^well you obviously havent taken a closer look at the market then my friend.

Actually I have. I would put this amp up there with the Blues Jr or Classic 30. Have you tried the crate V Series or just talkin out your ....
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Fixed, you stereotypical fool.

lol

And TS did you even look at the recommendations of the 15 watt tube combos?
They will be much better than the roland cubes or vox ad30 and will be louder too.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Fender Super Champ XD.

This has effects too, if you are concerned with that.
Saint Louis Blues
Quote by gregs1020
Actually I have. I would put this amp up there with the Blues Jr or Classic 30. Have you tried the crate V Series or just talkin out your ....

well that second amp hes got there isnt a V series its a one of there ****ty SS combos
EDIT: sorry tought you were refering to the RFX for some reason must have not been paying attention. yah thats a pretty killer ampif its anythig like the palominos.
Last edited by the-kidR44 at Apr 15, 2008,
Typical solid state bashing. I have that exact Crate RFX amp but in the 60 watt model (or 65 w??, one of those) and its true that it is not the greatest, but the clean channel is very good. I now use a Vox AD50 2x12, which is a step up but still not full tube.
For versatility either try that Fender Super Champ XD or go with your favorite of Cube and Vox (vox is my personal preference).

Not all crates are garbage. I've played a Crate Club Vintage something or another that was pretty nice. But those two are probably garbage.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
ite ppl thanks for the faithful posts, keep em up...um in case any1 was wonderin i play pretty much anythin from classic rock to metal so i know thats not much help but yea versatility is big for me...also i know im new and all but when i listened to the crate rfx it didnt sound all that ****ty to me, and im not lookin for like pro tone for under $300, but could som1 tell me exactly y the rfx is so ****ty then? i tried the gtd and its pretty nice only complaints r a lil lack in effects and its got that cd input instead of line out
Well the rfx just isn't as good as those tube combos that people recommended you. Once you get a developed ear for tone(not saying mine is the best) then you will easily be able to tell the difference between crap ss and good tube amps.

So why not get a tube combo under 300 dollars instead of wasting it on something you will find out you don't like as much in the end?
^kk then gimme an link or 2 for a some tube amps or preamps that u like and think can get loud enough to play over a drummer...plz
All of the tube combos mentions will do that. the crate v16, the super champ. If you go used and save a bit more money then the possibilities are about endless.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by zegreatdane
^kk then gimme an link or 2 for a some tube amps or preamps that u like and think can get loud enough to play over a drummer...plz

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Crate-V-Series-V18-112-18W-1x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp-487051-i1322756.gc

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-ValveKing-112-Combo-Amp?sku=481442

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Windsor-Studio-All-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=481660

Not completely under 300, but they used to be clearing out Palomino's for insanely cheap, so you might be able to find one at a local guitar center. Also you should look for used stuff as it will cost a lot less.

http://used.guitarcenter.com/usedgear/details.cfm?listId=104715920

http://used.guitarcenter.com/usedgear/details.cfm?listId=104712321
vox valvetronix 30w or roland cube 30...for ppl who have played em plz gimme ur reviews and can they get loud enough to be heard over a drummer and can they be hooked into bigger amps/pa?
ive played the valvetronix 30w with a drummer.
it worked barely and didnt sound too great at that high of volume.
i could hear my guitar, but it was fairly muddy and i could have used some more volume.
but for just practice they are fine.
but you can mic up any amp to be played through a PA, so if you have a PA already just get a 5-15 watt tube combo.
like the palominos.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab