They putting cameras in my school and there's going to be something like a debate to decide wheter to put them or not. What's your opinion?

Pros:
-Can see when something gets stolen/broken.
-Can use it to check who's doing what.

Cons:
-Doesn't prevent things from happening, just records it so many people say to spend the money on something that would prevent instead of record.
-There's a law that allows anyone to see the tapes if requested so a random guy could be watching you.
-Some people don't want "big brother" watching them, even if they're not doing anything bad
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
Last edited by blues-guitarist at Apr 11, 2008,
invasion of privacy if they put them in the bathrooms. i'd be freaked out to piss

we have a camera in our parking lot, but it comes in handy when there are collisions and such.
just be careful the next time u pick ur nose or scratch ur bum =p
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
we had cameras by the locker rooms, since stuff got stolen all the time there. it's good as long as cameras aren't all over the place....
yeah theres camera's in my school but only in like 2 hallways. If you're worried about doing stupid **** and getting caught just go out back or some ****
Quote by saxaxe
YESI love you.

Quote by Wulphy
Ever stuck their finger in their ass, just to see what it was like? I did

Quote by thewho65
My sister has a big ass
I'm pretty sure they only check the footage if something goes wrong like a break in. They don't watch 24/7 to see if anyone is stealing something.
Well, look at it this way. Say a group of people decide to fight you in the hallway. You don't start it, but they try to say you did. Having the camera there would be great to have to prove it.

It's not like they're filming you in the bathroom, as long as you're not running naked in the hallway, it doesn't matter if they see you putting stuff into your locker..
most schools only put them in major areas like main hallways or the cafeteria.

its really not that big of a deal. for security reasons it makes sense. if you're just going to school everyday and following the rules there is no real reason to be against it.
bad, are constitution is being shead away, terrorist are not a threat, our government is the real terrorist
i think its good, it discourages people from doing things wrong. although i have gotten around them a few times to make mischief. that just makes it more fun, though.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Your school dosent have cameras? every school ive been to has had cameras in canada. Lol at higher worlds putting security cameras in a building dosent take away constitutional rights unless they put it in the bathrooms or change rooms.
At least you dont have cameras in the toilets, like my school
Quote by lolcats
Quote by jemocam
Hells Angles!!!

A gang that likes geometry?

lulz
in our school it's tough to not find a camera, however they really abuse all the money they put into them.

My one bud pulled the fire alarm, and nobody cared enough to use the cameras and find out who did it, but instead made a $100 reward to whoever rats on who did it (I got $100 =))

Also my other friend literally ripped a section of lockers out from the wall and nobody cared enough to go look at the cameras and see who did it.

yea, the school board of my school should be wearing helmets.
ADVERTISING SPACE FOR SALE!
I don't charge much...

If you don't click this , you'll die :/
My school has some.

Although I don't think a couple work properly

They're helpful in situation like when someone reports harrassment, because they can check the tapes to see if the claims are true. Same with fights sort of, see who started it.

As long as you do nothing wrong, you have nothing to be worried about.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by higherworlds
bad, are constitution is being shead away, terrorist are not a threat, our government is the real terrorist

That was unbelievably irrelevant.

Honestly, good job for making so little sense.
Quote by tjbhdeath squad
in our school it's tough to not find a camera, however they really abuse all the money they put into them.

My one bud pulled the fire alarm, and nobody cared enough to use the cameras and find out who did it, but instead made a $100 reward to whoever rats on who did it (I got $100 =))

Also my other friend literally ripped a section of lockers out from the wall and nobody cared enough to go look at the cameras and see who did it.

He's obviously not your bud then, asshole.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
I don't have a problem with them being there, but my school is fucking ridiculous about them.

Here, I'll give you a fucking diagram:

X - Camera
V - Flying Couch
_ and | - walls of building

WTF?!
            \
             \
               V 

___X___X___X___X___X___X___X___
    |                               |
    |                               |
    X
    |
    |

Quote by tjbhdeath squad

Dude, you're an ass. Snitches get stitches.
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
A teacher at my school had some put in the place where all the kids who smoked, smoked, and that's the place where most of the vandalism was happening, but since he didn't get the school districts permission on it, so they were shut-down.