Page 1 of 5
I'm 14 and i've been able to figure it out. Why can't anyone else my age?

I can understand playing a video game with a friend, because that is social, but by yourself is pretty lame.

Opinions?

Zeppelin = #1

Any Questions?
(didn't think so)

umm, they are fun?
i thought i had magic fingers once, and had uncovered the fountain of love.

turns out my girlfriend was just peeing on me.

I suppose it's similar to watching a film on your own.

It's a form of entertainment, you get to involve yourself in it somehow, and a good game is always challenging.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
I enjoy them, well with some buddies or xbl but I don't have highspeed at the moment so none of that.

You know what else is childish and nerdy, hanging out on an internet forums saying ridiculous things to each other involving dicks, tits, and rape
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
my opinion is that you shouldnt rag on people that play video games. we dont rag on you for not playing.
I agree but there is a point at which it becomes unhealthy.

at least sitting on my ass and playing guitar is developing a skill of some sort. but playing a video game achieves absolutely nothing in terms of the real world

Zeppelin = #1

Any Questions?
(didn't think so)

One word.

Pokémon.
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
Quote by Flying Couch
Your logic is flawless. Clearly, solitary pursuits are lame.

I have no opinion on this matter.
It's fun. Fun activities are enjoyable to take part in. People like enjoyable things, thus, we play video games.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
So is playing guitar.

Just because you don't understand somthing doesn't make it childish. It does make YOU childish. And somthing of a douche.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
I have a PS2 and a Wii, i dont really play that often though... Occasionally ill play some Wii Boxing or Guitar Hero if im in the house, crap weather outside and im bored... One of my friends was almost in tears the other day because his Xbox 360 got the Triple Red lol. I know where youre coming from dude, im 14 and most of my friends are heavily into gaming. Id rather be at gigs, playing guitar or just be with friends in general lol.
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
im 18 and still enjoy them.

however, as much as i like my xbox 360, the N64 was, is and always WILL be the best console ever

lol
Top lel.
aww did somebody get beat at video games...
Gear:
Fender Mexican Standard Strat(Sunburst, Rosewood, Custom Shop '69 pickups)
Fender Super Champ XD
EHX Big Muff Pi
Yamaha Acoustic
Alvarez Silver Anniversary Acoustic
You do realise that the average gamer is older than 18 right?

Anyway its fun why do something thats fun just because "its childish" hell I want to rent out a bouncy castle for my garden but funds don't allow it

/note to self rent bouncy castle at uni
hows it childish when a lot of games are made for older people? and i doubt a lot of younger kids would be able to understand them or play them. =/
i only like playing with other people because i suck so i get bored by myself
i never started playing video games until i was 16 and 1/2, and it's always been stuff like smash and halo.
Quote by SkeleRG

at least sitting on my ass and playing guitar is developing a skill of some sort. but playing a video game achieves absolutely nothing in terms of the real world

Unless you land a job with a developing company or magazine/ strategy guide maker.

Then you lord your video game skills over people in korea. because everyone likes video games there.

And you makes the money.

Plus, it beats the hell outta playing solitary.
Quote by WillPlayForFood
mow lawns mutha ****a.. shiiieeett back in the old days we used to go out in the fields and pick cotton.. turns out My boss was colorblind.

EDIT:not trying to be racist.
...and don't sig me.
Quote by Garou1911
So is playing guitar.

Just because you don't understand somthing doesn't make it childish. It does make YOU childish. And somthing of a douche.

Something? With an E?

Yes, good point though. I personally do not get enjoyment out of playing video games by myself anymore, but that does not make them childish at all. If they take over your life, yes that is a bit immature, but playing video games alone does not make you a child by any means.
i love the occasional video game marathon as much as the next guy, but when my friends pretty much kill their social lives and end their voyages into the 'real world' other than to go to school (where they are constantly talking about their latest gaming escapades), it gets old pretty fast.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Quote by SkeleRG

i would say they develop quick thinking, problem solving ablilities, and adapting to challenging situations. also they will develop your skills at social interaction, which will not be improved by playing guitar. i think a challenging video game is much better for you than watching tv or something, although less than reading a book.

and you will not be a famous guitarist; guitar will not help you in the real world.
Some people spend their entire childhoods trying to be adults, and when they finally become adults, they only wish they were a child again. Others just continue wishing they were adults/feel high and mighty about how old and mature they are. video games are fun, like eating, or masturbating.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Quote by SkeleRG

Yea of course playing your guitar would be better, but sometimes you just dont wanna learn, you just wanna sit and play a game. I mean, ill go days where ill sit and play guitar for like 8 hours, and ill go days where ill just go like a couple hours o video games or balanced or go out or whatever. Vids are fun, no point in knocking them, as long as there not your life.
R.I.P Samantha

My Gear
Esp Ltd M-400
Randall Rg75W Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Fender Stratocaster
Yamaha something Acoustic
Several other cheap guitars/basses/Amps
Why do people solve Rubik's cubes? Why do people piece together puzzles? Why watch movies? Why listen to music?

Because they enjoy it. Some people like to entertain themselves and don't need others around them to be happy. I, for one, happen to enjoy solitude on occasion.
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.
I play video Games because they are Fun and sometimes i Enjoy solving Puzzles that dont involve C=24+b/(2*3) or Other Mathematical "Puzzles"

Sometimes i find Video Games are like a More Engaging version of a Book

Sometimes i Like them because i get to Engage in Activitys that wouldnt happen in the Real World like Flying Airplanes in WWII.

obviously im childish
Quote by SkeleRG
I'm 14 and i've been able to figure it out. Why can't anyone else my age?

I can understand playing a video game with a friend, because that is social, but by yourself is pretty lame.

Opinions?

im not a gamer, but way to go mr 14 year old. It makes some ppl happy, they like to do it, leave them alone..

speaking for the world, now thats a childish and nerdy thing to do
Quote by SkeleRG

oh yeah? tell that to the people making a living off of video games...it's a godamn industry man, and you're 14, so you obviously have a lot to learn. You'd be surprised where playing video games can get you....
In my opinion, you're wrong. What's wrong with entertaining yourself with a video game? Playing a game for an hour or two doesn't make you a nerd, nothing does. Playing a game by yourself for hours is no different than playing guitar for hours by yourself. What's the point of playing by yourself while playing guitar? Using your logic, anything done by yourself is lame and nerdy.

Stop acting like you're too mature for your age. There is a good line between maturity that is useful, like being able to have responsibility for a car or yourself. Then there is just trying to look "cool".
Quote by Zugunruhe
i would say they develop quick thinking, problem solving ablilities, and adapting to challenging situations. i think a challenging video game is much better for you than watching tv or something, although less than reading a book.

and you will not be a famous guitarist; guitar will not help you in the real world.
Blast! I wanted to say that!
Quote by Rocking-Rob
You do realise that the average gamer is older than 18 right?

My Mum enjoys nintendo

She brought me up well

if anybody dares make a Mum comment I'll rip your head off
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Yeah I used to play video games so much but I don't rly anymore unless with some friends
Quote by saxaxe
YESI love you.

Quote by Wulphy
Ever stuck their finger in their ass, just to see what it was like? I did

Quote by thewho65
My sister has a big ass
arent 14 year olds not supposed to be here? i dont want to sound like a douche, but there has to be an enforced cutoff line somewhere. its definately feeling distinctly "youngish".
Quote by SkeleRG

theres many games that would teach you more about things that would come up in real life far more often then knowing how to play an instrument.

by your logic I guess you never eat chocolate, consume alcohol, or masturbate because they wont benefit you in any way in the real world...
Quote by Zugunruhe
arent 14 year olds not supposed to be here? i dont want to sound like a douche, but there has to be an enforced cutoff line somewhere. its definately feeling distinctly "youngish".
I believe you have to be 13 to join. Any younger requires a parent e-mail, IIRC.
Quote by Zugunruhe

its 13 as the cut off age, but theres deffinatly a TON of immaturity here, its the pit
Page 1 of 5