I was looking for sound clips to see what tone i want and came across this one...

Why did i spend so much cash buying gear when all i needed was a toneport

http://disvisioned.net/clips/cobrahead_brootalz2.mp3

toneport ux1...jcm800 and recto models

Mad props to the guy that created it cobrahead1030

And a question for everyone, how the hell can i get this tone out of a single amp.... What amp will get me close to this tone? Or should i get a a modeler that is capable of running two models and hook it up to a tube poweramp... Any suggestions?
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Apr 11, 2008,
wtf.... i have a toneport and i seriously doubt thats actually possible from it alone
It does sound pretty good. But I'd like to hear it without the post-EQ and drums/bass. That's where you really "see" the tone.

Then again, it doesn't matter that much because even mediocre tone will do with drums/bass/EQ (and I'm not dissing his tone with that statement).
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
yea you could probably do it. just take a bit tweaking is all.

i've had my podxt for awhile now, and i'm finally figuring out all its little intricacies.. my first recordings are kinda rough but they're getting better.

the guitar tone this guy has is very balanced and not too gainy. i'd have to say most of the heavyness is coming from the kickdrum.

which goes to show how much heavier you can sound when you're tight.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Last edited by Kivarenn82 at Apr 12, 2008,
Quote by IbanezPsycho
I was looking for sound clips to see what tone i want and came across this one...

And a question for everyone, how the hell can i get this tone out of a single amp.... What amp will get me close to this tone? Or should i get a a modeler that is capable of running two models and hook it up to a tube poweramp... Any suggestions?

I dont think i would want to base my sound on a line 6 digital plugin . What you are listening to several overdubbed is studio engineering, compression, gates, tube plugins etc. Get a better valve amp like a 6505, a good compressor and a reverb/delay unit, raise your pickups slightly, put on heavier strings and maybe use a metal pick.
Quote by R0ck1tL8wnCh81r
I dont think i would want to base my sound on a line 6 digital plugin . What you are listening to several overdubbed is studio engineering, compression, gates, tube plugins etc. Get a better valve amp like a 6505, a good compressor and a reverb/delay unit, raise your pickups slightly, put on heavier strings and maybe use a metal pick.

Try a Vetta and then bash Line 6 again.

Watch this.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=P-A729GML6k

For some reason I like that better then the TS's clip.
Quote by R0ck1tL8wnCh81r

Why not? You have to start somewhere if it takes me hearing a digital clip to find it then ohh well. I know what tone im looking for now its JCM800 Slammed together with a MESA Dual Rectifier. And my first question was what single amp will get me a tone like this. I want something tight as hell but has clean single note deliver and is heavy as ****. Hell five finger death punch use's a line 6 pod pro into a tube power amp and there music is brootal, tight and heavy. I dont want to go that route but if i have too i will.

Also heres what im looking purchasing amp wise.. These are far from digital...

Engl Fireball
Krankenstien
Mesa Mark IV
Peavey 5150 or 6505
EVH 5150 III
Vetta Head if i have to go that route
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Apr 12, 2008,
Quote by Kivarenn82
i'd have to say most of the heavyness is coming from the kickdrum.

I agree there. not a terrible clip. but I don't think the guitar would leave as much of an impression without the bass and drums backing the hell out of it.
Jumping Jax Champion 1965!
Quote by SG thrasher
I don't think it sounds all that good.

Maybe because it's all chugga chugga shit.

mm, indeed. it's not my style, so i might not be the best one to say it's not that hard to get that tone from any decent high-gain amp.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Why not? You have to start somewhere if it takes me hearing a digital clip to find it then ohh well. I know what tone im looking for now its JCM800 Slammed together with a MESA Dual Rectifier. And my first question was what single amp will get me a tone like this.[B] I want something tight as hell but has clean single note deliver and is heavy as ****. Hell five finger death punch use's a line 6 pod pro into a tube power amp and there music is brootal, tight and heavy. I dont want to go that route but if i have too i will.

Also heres what im looking purchasing amp wise.. These are far from digital...

Engl Fireball
Krankenstien
Mesa Mark IV
Peavey 5150 or 6505
EVH 5150 III
Vetta Head if i have to go that route

No one amp will do those tones together at the same time..only ones that come close to what you are after is the Ubberschall. Again its mostly down to post production..if you hear this 5150 based song you will not get anywhere near these tones with one 5150 live

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3Th_-xMnbQ

I tried running my marshall with my 5150 and carvin together through 3 cabs..it was absolutely great. Bit like adam jones who runs a dual recto, marshall and diezel together. If you wanted to do that on the cheap you could get a crate blackheart for the dark crunch and buy and a metal monster pedal or a carvin/5150
Last edited by R0ck1tL8wnCh81r at Apr 12, 2008,
Just uploaded a clip to my profile of something I did round a mates house through his Toneport.

We used the settings Bulb from Periphery uses with his PodXT.

EDIT: Excuse the playing
Quote by Fama
It does sound pretty good. But I'd like to hear it without the post-EQ and drums/bass. That's where you really "see" the tone.

Then again, it doesn't matter that much because even mediocre tone will do with drums/bass/EQ (and I'm not dissing his tone with that statement).

You cretin. It's way harder to get a nice tone in the mix with other instruments than it is sat in your bedroom on your own. Your bedroom tone will most likely sound like ass with bass and drums.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by timi_hendrix
You cretin. It's way harder to get a nice tone in the mix with other instruments than it is sat in your bedroom on your own. Your bedroom tone will most likely sound like ass with bass and drums.

You're the idiot here. It might be hard to get a good tone in a live situation or something, but not when you can mix everything as you want. When you have the bass/drums/synth doubling your guitar, the guitar sounds a lot better. Even if your tone would be weak or shrill otherwise, when you add the bass and possibly bassdrum to double it, it gets a lot more balls.

Edit: Go to my profile and listen to "Studio magic". The tone is not that great, but it's even worse when you remove the bass, drums and synth.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Last edited by Fama at Apr 12, 2008,
Quote by IbanezPsycho

meh its ok
could be better though....
Quote by SG thrasher
I don't think it sounds all that good.

Maybe because it's all chugga chugga shit.

+1 :/
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
Quote by Meatball200
Just uploaded a clip to my profile of something I did round a mates house through his Toneport.

We used the settings Bulb from Periphery uses with his PodXT.

EDIT: Excuse the playing

Bulb gets some amazing tones out of his PodXT!
Furthermore

SS: What PodXT presets and amp settings do you use?

Bulb: To tell you the truth I never really messed with the presets because I got mine used and never restored the factory settings, so right off the bat I started making my own patches which is what I like doing anyways. I am a tweaker when it comes to gear, so I definitely prefer creating a patch of my own over using a factory preset. As far as the settings I use on the podxt, I have always been a huge fan of the Bigbottom amp model with either the Fx Boost or the Tubescreamer pedal model in the stomp section. I have pretty much always used those combos for my recordings.

http://www.myspace.com/iambulb
Quote by R0ck1tL8wnCh81r

Well actually, I've managed to get a very VERY similar tone with my tone port.

Mind you I wouldn't replace my Laney for it.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.