Page 1 of 2
Man I just got this thing 20 mins ago and it's already syncing my songs. So easy to use. Unlike that crap zune. Yay for Ipod!!!!

Ipod >Zune anyone?
Quote by RPGoof
iTunes>Zune software
Zune>iPod.
I'm sorry.

However, that new iTouch looks pretty damn sweet.

I agree, except the touch. I've never been a fan of touch screen.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by giantsfanftw
Man I just got this thing 20 mins ago and it's already syncing my songs. So easy to use. Unlike that crap zune. Yay for Ipod!!!!

Ipod >Zune anyone?

dude i just got one for christmas and i love it too. i only have one problem though. it freezes every now and then. if i just reset it real quick it works fine, but its kinda annoying. other than that, i think it pwns
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I have a 5th generation 30gb and it freezes like once every 2 months
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
i love my 80 gb ipod too. i got my the day they came out. i like to have a ton of songs ready to play. but it suck to scroll down like 100 + artists and bands.... but i have five concerts on there, 100 pics, and 10,000+ songs. i could get lost in a forest and live because i have my ipod. and the battery on it last a long time. I get almost 3 days at work, 9 hour days.

itunes was ****ty at the begining but i now like it. creative labs had better software i think.
音乐是生活
Music is Life

Ibanez RG2550Z, Edwards Jimmy Page LP Relic Custom, 06 Fender Clapton SS, Line6 Spider III 112, Peavey Classic 30, Boss HD-1, Boss Green Label Chorus, Boss SD1 Overdrive, MXR Fuzz, Blues Breaker
mmmmm zune has radio but ipod has click wheel...very close in my opinion, i have both, but i use my ipod...i just like how it works better.
neither is far superior over the other, i just use the ipod most of the time.
Quote by metaldud536
Because there is a bomb in the lasagna!

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
make loud howling noises and throw your feces at them whenever they bring it up, I suggest that your GF does the same.
Quote by giantsfanftw

Ipod >Zune anyone?

Got the same one. It really is great and easy to use hope you enjoy it. GREAT BATTERY LIFE btw.
^This post was probably sarcastic

GO LEAFS GO

Chief Executive Officer of Music Games of THE ULTIMATE-GUITAR GAMING FORCE
Quote by black-sabbath
I have a 5th generation 30gb and it freezes like once every 2 months

only happened once ever for mine...and it was right after i got it so i didn't know how to reset it...and i was on a trip...and the screen went black and wouldn't change...so i had to just let the battery die and then finally figured out how to reset it when i got home...bad timing but only happened once.

oh and ipod has games too, i like that a lot...i got all of them in an illegal torrent : )
Quote by metaldud536
Because there is a bomb in the lasagna!

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
make loud howling noises and throw your feces at them whenever they bring it up, I suggest that your GF does the same.
Quote by RPGoof
iTunes>Zune software
Zune>iPod.
I'm sorry.

Zune software is TERRIBLE!!!! Microsoft really ****ed up badly when it came to the software.
Quote by RPGoof
iTunes>Zune software
Zune>iPod.
I'm sorry.

The Zune is pretty stupid.
Be cool.
i've never been a fan of touch screen, but i have to say the iTouch has the best touch screen ive ever used in my life
Quote by clincher09
you win

Quote by Vornik
..Are you wearing a pokemon hat?

Quote by Schmietty
+1 for what looks like a Pokemon hat.
Ok I have an 80gb iPod Classic and love it. It works great. The down side to Apple is that iTunes SUCKS ASS. I'm sorry, but it's true. Also Apple likes to rip you off with music and videos. Don't buy them from iTunes.

So:
iPod > Zune
Zune Software > iTunes (I would assume)

iPod nanos really suck though, I must admit. They all break in like a week. Other than the nano though, iPods are generally quite solid.
Quote by food1010
Ok I have an 80gb iPod Classic and love it. It works great. The down side to Apple is that iTunes SUCKS ASS. I'm sorry, but it's true. Also Apple likes to rip you off with music and videos. Don't buy them from iTunes.

So:
iPod > Zune

iPod nanos really suck though, I must admit. They all break in like a week. Other than the nano though, iPods are generally quite solid.

Your assumption is wrong.
Be cool.
Aww man, I'm stuck with my 2gb nano!

I'm really craving that 80gb. Plenty of space for music and movies!

Quote by food1010

Wrong.

I've had mine for 2 and a half years.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by food1010

So:
iPod > Zune

God no

Bro, Zune Software is one of the worst programs I have ever seen. There are so many problems with it that it's not even worth it. It's just gives you a huge unnecessary headache.

Also you don't have to buy anything from Itunes. You can just import the music you download from another folder on the computer. Itunes is 100000000x easier to use then Zune Software.
Quote by myself101
Aww man, I'm stuck with my 2gb nano!

I'm really craving that 80gb. Plenty of space for music and movies!

Wrong.

I've had mine for 2 and a half years.

Hell ya man

I finally get to free up my computer space for more music and some movies. I had 13GB worth of music alone. I'm about to put black hawks down into my pod. Can't wait till it's all done and ready to go.
I want an iPod Touch, my mate has one. She doesn't use it much though. I have a 4GB 3rd gen nano.
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Have to give you props that the funniest post I read in a while
Quote by GogglesVK

hazardmaster has won this thread.

Fender Stratocaster 57' Reissue (Japanese)
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Quote by giantsfanftw

Ipod >Zune anyone?

I love ipods n'all, but give it time and you will see
I love my ipod Touch. I've put that thing through hell, and it works great. I'll prolly dropped it 50 times (in all seriousness, 50 times), onto hard things. Still works great.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
I prefer my simplistic plug and play, drag and drop MP3 player. It plays music, that's all it needs to do.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by Mr.Kvx10
I use a sansa e250, its pretty cool, good mp3 player for the money

I have one as well. After a year of annoying bugs, its software finally broke for good yesterday. I actually have to install Linux to fix it, if you can imagine. So, I wish you luck. If you need advice about fixing bugs just PM me.
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
Quote by giantsfanftw

Ipod >Zune anyone?

I love mine too
I'm Thinking Of Getting the 160GB model, only because it has tons of space and the battery life is longer.
You could join my ZUNE group.

ZUNE>iPod.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
i bought a 1gb shuffle for running and it crapped out on me within a few months. going to get a 2gb tomorrow, hope it holds better.
Quote by Mr.Kvx10

+1
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Custom (Alpine White)
Roland Microcube

Hoping to get a Strat or Tele next.
yes, ipods are nice. except mine has a habit of freezing from time to time. it wont unfreeze until the battery dies and i plug it into my computer.

but thats only happened maybe 3-4 times over the past year and a half.

other than that its great. i love it. definitely worth the money. i didnt realize how nice they were until i actually decided to buy one.
Quote by Mr.Kvx10

I have that. It has a ****load of bugs, corrupting my files, and just randomly freezing every couple of days.
I have an 80gb classic. has frozen 3 or 4 times in the last 6 months that i've had it but a simple reset clears that up (Holding the center and play button). Nothing serious. Works fine.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
iPods crashing isn't the end of the world. Thats why iPod > Zune

I've had my 5th Gen 30gb iPod for nearly 3 years and has only needed one new headphone jack.
Quote by Sevenfoldizm
80GB Zune >>>COMPLETELY>>> 80GB classic

But software is a steaming pile of ****...

for realz.
the Zune totally owns all over the iPods face.
if you get what i mean by ownz.
lol...

butttttttt.

Software blows.
and Zune's dont have games.
or a clock...
yet.

i hopeeee.
i need a clock.
and gamesss.
Zune>iPod Classic

Zune has a much bigger, better looking screen, the text is easier to read, it has an FM radio, you can set a background picture (silly, but still cool), Zune has wireless sync, and the Zune is faster.

As for the iPod touch, I find that an unfair comparison. Yes, the touch is "cooler" and much more technologically advanced.
But the Zune has 3-8 times the storage for a little more than half the price of a Touch.
I've had my 80gig iPod Classic since Spetember and, other than a few minor problems with the software (which have been fixed since), I've had no problems whatsoever.

I don't understand all the complaining about the new iPods
Quote by KetchupLad14
Zune>iPod Classic

Zune has a much bigger, better looking screen, the text is easier to read, it has an FM radio, you can set a background picture (silly, but still cool), Zune has wireless sync, and the Zune is faster.

As for the iPod touch, I find that an unfair comparison. Yes, the touch is "cooler" and much more technologically advanced.
But the Zune has 3-8 times the storage for a little more than half the price of a Touch.

Amen.
you think they'll ever add a clock?

lawlz
Page 1 of 2