Search bar found nothing, so I was wondering if there are any Yeasayer fans on UG. I only started listening to them a few weeks ago, but I was totally blown away by All Hours Cymbals. Some people I've talked to have said they're overhyped and overrated, but I say screw them, 2080 is one of the most beautifully intense songs I've ever heard.

Thoughts?
i think there may have been a thread on them a while ago, but i am too tired to dig it up.

so, i am just going to end up saying that All Hour Cymbals was great and that i need to listen to it more.
I saw a bit of them on Jools Holland t'other night, and was quite impressed. I haven't listened to anything yet though
Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name.
Saw them on Jools too and they seem quite an interesting band. 2080 seems to be an awesome song.
It's gonna be a blue day
I also saw them on Jools Holland. They were OK-ish. I dunno, I may have been put off by the fact the Kooks liked them

I'll give them another listen anyway.
Also seen them in Jools, they wer amazing, that song 2080 is so ****ing good!!
"I just hope that our fans are people who are inspired by music, and just use our music as a background or inspiration for whatever it is they do. "

Maynard James Keenan
I love em. Theyre so original and they know gear haha. Their mustaches rock too.
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
Quote by xX*Zeppelin*Xx
I also saw them on Jools Holland. They were OK-ish. I dunno, I may have been put off by the fact the Kooks liked them

I'll give them another listen anyway.

The Kooks are horrible.
Yeasayer's pretty interesting though.
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
I think its 18 in california but I'm just wonderin cuz if i get caught then I can be like "well legally im allowed to watch it" and they'll be like "k koo"
i saw them back on conan o brien back in feb this year and thats when i was hooked,2080 is a beautifully intense bit of music, so chill and mellow,atomospheric.and the singing gets pretty passionate .
anyone heard their new single Ambling Alp? It's amazing. I've listened to it about 30 times in the last 2 days.
MIA 1979 Fender Strat
Epi LP Standard
Squier Strat

Tanglewood

Laney TF300
Fender Frontman 15G

Zoom G1
I love yeasayer, All Hour Cymbals is such a good album, definetly worth checking out if you havn't heard it/ heard of them. Ambling Alp is really good too, can't wait for the next album, will definetly see them when they are next in the uk! Stupidly passed up seeing them at reading festival last year, and was meant to see them a couple months ago, but crappy train services meant i couldn't.
I absolutely loved All Hour Symbols, 2080 be amazing, interesting and relevant to me, but people who keep going on about it are completely missing the point of Yeasayer. Listen to all of All Hour Symbols, and you will see that 2080 is definitely the odd one out. Its probably in my Top 10 albums for the decade, and I hope Odd Blood can compare
they played at my school the other weekend, really good live show, check em out if they're playing near you
Ambling Alp kinda not nearly as good as anything on the first album. maybe it will more sense in context.
I prefer Ambling Alp to everything on the first album haha.
MIA 1979 Fender Strat
Epi LP Standard
Squier Strat

Tanglewood

Laney TF300
Fender Frontman 15G

Zoom G1
sup guys. Prior to seeing Yeasayer at Rock Werchter last year, I'd listened to their first album once and thought it sucked. After the concert I bought the second album, liked it and listened to the first a couple of other times. there's some solid music on there, but their hippy-ness annoys me.
Yeasayer are awesome. Check out ''Sunrise'' from their first album!! It's likea bass solo in the chorus haha. Really cool idea imho