*zooooooom*

But on that topic.

Should their be a link between sports and politics?
Quote by False_God
*zooooooom*

But on that topic.

Should their be a link between sports and politics?
Probably not.

What exactly is the protestors problem? The article didn't specify, at least not that I saw.
Quote by Flying Couch
Probably not.

What exactly is the protestors problem? The article didn't specify, at least not that I saw.

They don't like that it's being held in China largely linked to the current unrest in Tibet. I won't bother going into my opinion on that.

What's disapointing about this is that the Olympics games are one of the few times that the international community is able to get together without killing eachother or otherwise being playa' haterz like that, and the protesters are entirely missing the point of that.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
they are protesting that the olympics re in China because China is oppressing Tibet and all that.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Flying Couch,
the Olympics will be held in China, those protesters are pissed about the whole China occupying Tibet thing, so they are trying to put out the torch to piss of China.
i don't know. it seems to me that the protesters have every right to do this. it shows the extent of their dismay. they can't just pause their discontent for sporting events.
Quote by Bubban
What's disapointing about this is that the Olympics games are one of the few times that the international community is able to get together without killing eachother or otherwise being playa' haterz like that, and the protesters are entirely missing the point of that.

My thoughts exactly. Even the Greek city-states, who hated each other with a passion, still declared peace around the time of the Olympic Games, no matter how heated the battles were.
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
Quote by Arthur Curry
i don't know. it seems to me that the protesters have every right to do this. it shows the extent of their dismay. they can't just pause their discontent for sporting events.

So the protesters have the right to act violently towards the flame carrier, put out the torch, and cause there to possibly be no more future world relays of the torch?
The Olympics is more than a sporting event, it's a coming together of all nations peacefully. The protesters are arrogant, hypocritical pricks who's point is do as I say, not as I do.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
^+1

Why dont the protesters go and protest in tibet? Cause they are pussys. Fair enough they are fighting for a cause, but attacting atlethes? Just low.
Quote by Breaking News Story

About 3,000 police riding motorcycles, jogging or travelling on skateswere deployed to protect the Olympic torch

Rofl.....manblading...
Everyone becomes a genius when they join UG