I'm thinking of trading in my FX-400 and laying down a few more bucks to buy a Fender MIA Strat, putting DiMarzio HS-2 pick ups in it like Eric Johnson. Seem like a good idea? The more I see people play strats, in any way, makes me want one badly. Weird thing is I used to despise them...

Does this sound like a good idea?

I'm making a LP guitar with SD Alnico Pro II pick ups anyway, so I got that for harder stuff.

Any opnions?
ive had this urge too, but in my case, it was an MIM strat, due to the lower prices.
i ended up sticking to my LP.
Quote by stilleto
ive had this urge too, but in my case, it was an MIM strat, due to the lower prices.
i ended up sticking to my LP.

Well since my LP is almost finished, I think I'll try to get the strat. Kinda depends on how much I get for the guitar.
Am I the only one that thinks that MIA strats are a waste of time and that you'd get better bang for your buck by buying the Deluxe player's strat?

I mean, you could always modify the 6 point into a 2 point....
I don't even shred
Quote by Nebjy
Am I the only one that thinks that MIA strats are a waste of time and that you'd get better bang for your buck by buying the Deluxe player's strat?

I mean, you could always modify the 6 point into a 2 point....

That's the other Strat I'm thinking of, cosmetically looks better =P And it's cheaper. I think I'll have to try the two.
Quote by TSelman
That's the other Strat I'm thinking of, cosmetically looks better =P And it's cheaper. I think I'll have to try the two.

Both the Deluxe Players and the MIA strats sound awesome.
I ended up getting the Deluxe Players Strat myself. The one I tried just played so well and had a great tone. Chose it over a few MIAs I tried.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Customize you own Carvin Bolt-T and get a better guitar for less money.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Congrats on your purchase. I'm looking at getting me a Strat. It's not easy with all these choices! It'll be my first electric and I don't know which one to get
Quote by imthehitcher
you truly are a prince of men

Quote by isuckhardcore
I get naked FOR my dog.
if you want a flash strat and cheaper than a MIA, look into the fender showmaster too. nice details and a lot for the money
- Fender, Taylor, Martin, Ibanez, Ramirez, Marshall, Boss, Morley, Mesa/Boogie, Univox, Shure, Monster, Dunlop, Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, Lace, Sperzel, DW, Tama, Zildjian, and a little Johnnie Walker
I have a strat and in in my tread everybody says that I should change to a Les Paul but here almost everybody says the he should go for the Strat...