Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
But, it's Slash. SLASH!

Yeah, I would never pay that much for so little.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
DO NOT GET THE VOS. They basically bang it up to look like the artist's original. Pay more for more scratches? I don't think so.
Quote by wolfy808
DO NOT GET THE VOS. They basically bang it up to look like the artist's original. Pay more for more scratches? I don't think so.

Same concept has putting rips in jeans. I can get the same pair at walmart for 10 bucks, but at American eagle, I can pay 50 bucks more to have a hole in it.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Quote by guitar/bass76
I think you undervalue the free jacket with purchase.

Damn.
beaten to it.
it's nice, but why not pay less for a normal one
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Quote by guitar/bass76

I bought a jacket just like that at bike week a few years back for about $50.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by Slaytanic6606
Same concept has putting rips in jeans. I can get the same pair at walmart for 10 bucks, but at American eagle, I can pay 50 bucks more to have a hole in it.

Yeah and people buy the more expensive pair. Just guessing they think it's better because it costs more. Adding to that, I always end up with rips and holes in my jeans anyway...
Guitars:
Epiphone SG
Schecter Damien FR
Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amps:
Epiphone Studio 10S Practice Amp
Peavey ValveKing 212

Effects:
Vox V847 (NOT V847A) Wah Pedal
DOD FX55-B Supra Distortion
But isn't it really a Custom of a custom guitar since the Les Paul is a custom already?
Last edited by The Minorthreat at Apr 11, 2008,
Quote by guitar/bass76

Hahaha. I did not see that awesome jacket that comes with it at first!
Sure it's an amazing guitar; the only good Gibson LP nowadays are the ones from the Custom Shop. And sure it comes with a bunch of sweet features and a nice case and a jacket, but it's still overpriced.

In fact, I'd never pay over $2000 for a guitar... unless it's a PRS, that's my only exception
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
The Epiphone Slash LP is meant to be really really good.
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Quote by jxljxl
The Epiphone Slash LP is meant to be really really good.

But at twice the price of the Standard it's based on it would have to be.
I wish I had tallent and ability.

Squier Vintage Modified Strat, Black with laquered 70s neck
Farida FLP-26
Vox VT20+
Ampkit for iPod
Jamvox (not impressed)
Gitarist Magazine (who generally review things better than the other mags) said that it's difficult to place the Epi Slash LP between a Gibson Standard and the Epi Custom.
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
It's quite nice visually, but you're really only paying for the name(s) :/

Would never buy the Gibson version, Unless I came into a hugh fortune or something, However the epiphone version does appeal to me, I kinda like the sun burst tabacco style...
Your friendship is a fog, that disappears when the wind re-directs (YEAH!)
If it has a free jacket as a selling point, you can be pretty confident that it sucks.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
$5,880 isn't that much for a quality guitar. Bare in mind too that that is the RRP, and few sellers will actually sell it at that price - more often than not, you'll find actual shops will slash (lulz) at least a thousand or so off that RRP.

Though, while the price doesn't bother me, I do agree that it is a pointless guitar, no matter what the price is. You can get a non-Signature version of the same guitar, put SD Alnico II Pros in yourself (which are about as cheap as pickups come anyway), and you'll have the exact same guitar for less than the Slash Inspired By would cost you, plus you could have it look how you want it to look, and it wouldn't have some other guy's name on the headstock either.

At least his original Custom Shop Slash Signature LP had the powerbridge that was a rarer feature that couldn't be so easily applied to an existing guitar, so there was some point in buying it. But this Slash signature (and the Epi, come to that) are just pointless. There is nothing unique about them that you couldn't easily replicate yourself, for low effort, less cost, and a more personal final product.
Wow. This is the 484535432235 thread on one of Slash's new guitars. You people whine to damn much.
Be cool.
I played the Standard ($2399) and the Epi ($999) @ G/C last night for quite a while (while watching the one I would have picked get sold). The Standard played/sounded much better than the Epi and I went in with an open mind thinking I might get the Epi.
I honestly think the $2399 Standard is worth it. It played and sounded as good as my high dollar Paul.
Does anyone know how many epi's will be made due to it being limited edition?
Theres 1600 USA Standards..

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Chrisiphone
Does anyone know how many epi's will be made due to it being limited edition?
Theres 1600 USA Standards..
When Epiphone say 'Limited Edition', what they really mean is 'we're going to keep making this until it stops bringing in a profit'.

For example, the Joe Perry Boneyard LP was 'Limited Edition' - in real terms though, it was made for almost five years solidly, and they only stopped making it because the Slash Signature came along and proved to be more profitable than the Joe Perry model.
Ohhh Ok Then Thank You Bokuho, Your The Saviour Of Epiphone Knowledge!

E-Married to Funny_Page
it's only like 3300 for that VOS one, the 5800 is MSRP...not street price...that being said, i'd rather me weather my own guitars (not intentionally!) over time than buy a banged up guitar to start with..
Yeah, relic-ing you own guitar is worthwhile, but instead of getting sandpaper and whatever just gig it forever! It will age properly...

E-Married to Funny_Page
I went over to the Gibson Showcase after work last night and the Manager tells me that they didn't get their order in, in time, he said that G/C got them all, I thought I'd see a big stack of Slashes there. He said, "dude, if you can get one, get it", so I call my guy at G/C on his cell, he had already left but he called his Manager and said "hey, "I quoted Jomo internet price on the Slash, I know I screwed up but can he get one?" They had the two left from the night before and one looked much better than the other. So long story short I got one, it was $2400 out the door, and I looked at other Standards that were the same price which confused me because everyones going on and on about how much more the Slash costs. It was $100 cheaper than one of the standards. I love it! It sounds ballsier than my Custom Shop LP.
Strangest thing is that the LP Slash used in Appetites recordings and all his touring... was a LP copy. Not even a gibson. His first Gibson LP was Joe Perrys original 59 tobacco burst which he used in the november rain video. Id rather pay the $5000 for a nice early 90s 58-59 pre-historic replica
98' 1960 Les Paul Classic
00' 57' Reissue Goldtop Les Paul
92' R0' Historic Les Paul

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Trem-o-verb 2x12 combo
Mesa 2x12 Rectifier Extention cabinet
Boss GT-8
Korg DTR-1 Rackmount tuner
Sennheiser WZ-300 wireless
Quote by The Jomo
I went over to the Gibson Showcase after work last night and the Manager tells me that they didn't get their order in, in time, he said that G/C got them all, I thought I'd see a big stack of Slashes there. He said, "dude, if you can get one, get it", so I call my guy at G/C on his cell, he had already left but he called his Manager and said "hey, "I quoted Jomo internet price on the Slash, I know I screwed up but can he get one?" They had the two left from the night before and one looked much better than the other. So long story short I got one, it was $2400 out the door, and I looked at other Standards that were the same price which confused me because everyones going on and on about how much more the Slash costs. It was $100 cheaper than one of the standards. I love it! It sounds ballsier than my Custom Shop LP.

that's pretty cool man

hell if i had the money i'd get one, but i'm pretty content with my LP Standard at the moment

it's a cool guitar and if it's priced at $2400 then i wouldn't say that's so bad at all.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
If I had enough money, I would gladly pay double that simply for the fact that it's the Slash signature model, but then again, I have a bit of an unhealthy, whats the word, interest for slash
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
um, HELLO?!?!?! IT COMES WITH A FREE JACKET!!!
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
i bought the slash epiphone on saturday and its amazing i asked the guy at guitar center the difference between the epiphone and the cheaper gibson and the neck on the epiphone is a 2 piece adn the gibson is a 2 piece neck
YOU SEE US COMIN WALK TOGETHER RUN FOR COVER WERE TAKIN OVER THIS FUCKIN TOWN-PANTERA COWBOYS FROM HELL (OFFICAL LIVE 101)
Quote by bls4life8
i bought the slash epiphone on saturday and its amazing i asked the guy at guitar center the difference between the epiphone and the cheaper gibson and the neck on the epiphone is a 2 piece adn the gibson is a 2 piece neck

And the Gibson's MIA, and the Epi's made in Korea/somewhere.

Meh, neither are anything great.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
I really really really like it!

BUT,

It has a 60's neck which to me is HORRIBLE, I play the fat necks and the fat necks only no offense to you guys that play the thin necks but they are just not the necks for me.
Quote by bemiswins
if someone flames you on the internet for music you like, they fail.

Here's my YouTube if anyone wants to see some of my videos.
Quote by bls4life8

Good for you man! It was close for me, the Epi did play/ sound awesome. I think they even have the same exact pup's too. The straw that broke the camel's back for me was that Manager @ The Gibson Showcase. He had nothing to gain or lose and he told me that the Gibbys would hold their value better, and I believe him because as far as I know, I got the second to the last one in Nashville.
I posted these these in another thread already but I can't resist! I wanted to call in sick and play all day.

Call me cheesy but I liked the headstock better too.

Let's see your Epi man!!!!!!
Quote by LesPaulFreeek
Strangest thing is that the LP Slash used in Appetites recordings and all his touring... was a LP copy. Not even a gibson. His first Gibson LP was Joe Perrys original 59 tobacco burst which he used in the november rain video. Id rather pay the $5000 for a nice early 90s 58-59 pre-historic replica

You learn somethig new every day
The Epiphone seems a bit overpriced. You could replica the guitar with a Les Paul Standard Plus-Top (which are about £250/$500) and a set of alnico pickups. £600/$1200 for it seems a over-priced IMO.