So at the momnt i have a Boss ML-2 which i dont mind but ever the tonal experimenter, im considering buying and Boss Metal Zone or a Krank Distortius Maximus (If i can find one) or a Rocktron Silver Dragon. So my question is this, are said pedals really THAT different to my current one? Also i noticed in a recording context the built in overdrive in my amp sounds ALOT better. And i was think distortion is more of a live effect no? So is there a pedal with overdrive and distortion? Sorry for the noobie questions but your help is muchly appreciated

Ps: If it helps i like metal (obviously) more of the br00t4alz lately rather then this metalcore BS. And also thrash. I love thrash.
What kind of amp do you have?

EDIT: From checking your profile, you have a little sh!tty solid state practice amp. Pedals aren't gonna make that thing sound any better. Buy a new amp.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
hes got a axteck amp i believe from his profile? get a better amp first. a pedal will just make your amp sound worse probably
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Yeah im saving for a Randall half stack. Its still a solid state but it dont mind SS's.
Ok so if i had a decent amp would said pedals make that much of a difference?

Edit: Just to clarify, im not asking if those pedal would sound good with what i have im asking if they sound inheritly different?
Last edited by Blackvelvet at Apr 12, 2008,
Yes, they sound different. How different? That's hard to say, but definitely different. Better? That's a whole new thing.

Also, instead of getting a Randall half stack, you could get a better amp for the price. Like a Randall combo, for one (they make SS combos too, but the RG50TC is pretty good too I believe).
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Get a tube combo instead. Even dimebag realized he'd been playing through an SS amp and changed to tube before he died.
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
Psh. I can can play fleshlight acoustically.

*masturbates*